British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The truth of NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/truth-nz-874866/)

plumtart Mar 25th 2016 11:48 am

The truth of NZ

I'm asian who moved from Hong Kong to NZ some years ago, and lived in NZ for 7 years. Having seen some posts here I want to thank people who voiced the truth about new zealand.
I think New Zealand used marketing tricks to package it as a clean and green country. However, I thank you folks here for exposing the truth - old cars are used everywhere and they pollute with emissions to make the air smelly. Kiwis throw rubbish everywhere. I don't think kiwis have a clean habit or treasure the nature. It just happens that they are relatively low density that cover up the dirty and polluting way of life of theirs. I think living in New Zealand is good only if you have a lot of money. People all over want to take your money - they have no sense of true care for you or your problems. Employment is weak and due to political issues they paint you in negative light to reinforce a white culture. I don't trust their legal system because of potential bias of judges and lawyers. If you goto their education system, many (not all) lecturers would sabotage you behind your back, they dont have a vested interest to improve you or assist you access to opportunities. Younger gay white guys hate to coexist with Asians. Its only the older men who are fond of Asians. People/coworkers are dishonest and can go as far as opening your drawers to steal your food at work. They play I win you loose games instead of seeking win win. The English language standard in education is higher than the level in Hong Kong, which is understandable because NZ is an English country. But strangely their math is weaker. So in terms of education quality and performance of students, there are differences in different countries. I think Kiwis are sporty people and they do well in sports and fitness. You can experience good teamwork and fun experience playing touch rugby. Les Mills is a very successful fitness enterprise, however they use legal methods to ensure that the few kiwis would be promoted as sport icons and under their contracts, other people in other parts of the world cannot appear on videos and would be enslaved as a consumer role to only give them unlimited amounts of money to follow their game. Workplace bullying in large companies is rife. Can get very political. People can be very nasty and aggressive. The scenary and countryside does not harm you, its the people living there that can be dangerous. Crime rate, in my opinion, is high. Young people can be very rude. Sometimes you run into bad police, sometimes good police. The bad police are those who dont give a damn about your reporting of crime. I left the country because of very bad personal experience that caused damage.

jmh Mar 25th 2016 5:10 pm

Re: The truth of NZ

Gosh, sounds like Hong Kong is quite different to NZ. Who would have thought? Maybe you can return home with a new-found appreciation of the pleasures that Hong Kong offers.

RobClubley Mar 27th 2016 1:46 am

Your experience of New Zealand sounds pretty bad. Sorry you didn't like it here.

Justcol Mar 27th 2016 10:05 am

Originally Posted by plumtart (Post 11905281)
I left the country.

Goodbye :wave:

Parnell Mar 28th 2016 1:13 am

Originally Posted by plumtart (Post 11905281)
Younger gay white guys hate to coexist with Asians. Its only the older men who are fond of Asians.

WTF????

Charismatic Mar 28th 2016 3:52 am

I'm just proud to live in a society where people have to be reminded by TV adverts not to leave children or pets in a hot car.

DennisBergkamp Mar 28th 2016 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 11906911)
I'm just proud to live in a society where people have to be reminded by TV adverts not to leave children or pets in a hot car.

Or run over them in a drive way

RobClubley Mar 28th 2016 10:57 pm

And that a red light means stop.

I saw a bus with that ad on the back going through a red light at a pedestrian crossing. Sigh.

simonsi Mar 31st 2016 1:50 am

There's a particularly bad pedestrian crossing in Takapuna, I nearly got run down there - once by a Police car!

Dirt. Right. Try Manchester (or insert major city of your choice)...

MrsFychan Mar 31st 2016 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 11906911)

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp (Post 11907596)
Or run over them in a drive way

Or leave them in the car at shopping centres because they were asleep

Kotare Mar 31st 2016 5:57 am

Boring - all these undesirable activities happen in other countries especially UK (perhaps not if they involve the sun).

Charismatic Mar 31st 2016 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11909725)
Or leave them in the car at shopping centres because they were asleep

Or operate a car door.