Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Trucking in Tauranga

Trucking in Tauranga

Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

becabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the rough
Default Trucking in Tauranga

Hi Guys

We are coming over as a family in two weeks ( arriving 10th Jan ) we are planning on settling in Tauranga. We have registered with many employment agencies looking for HGV driving jobs. has anybody out there done the same and can you offer any advice?

Does anybody know of any vacancies and can you advice on good/bad pay packets? We have been quoted $17 per hour is this the average? Any companies to be wary of and any to go for?

Many thanks
Becca.
xxx
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trucking in Tauranga

hi becca
i am a uk trucker working in auckland on the wharfs and you hear that they are always after truckers,and tauranga is no exception,so i dont think that you will have any problems,and 17 to 19 is about the going reate good luck
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:35 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by becabops
Hi Guys

We are coming over as a family in two weeks ( arriving 10th Jan ) we are planning on settling in Tauranga. We have registered with many employment agencies looking for HGV driving jobs. has anybody out there done the same and can you offer any advice?

Does anybody know of any vacancies and can you advice on good/bad pay packets? We have been quoted $17 per hour is this the average? Any companies to be wary of and any to go for?

Many thanks
Becca.
xxx
Becca,

I hope you got my message re: Landlord's details for rental in the Mount?

Try and PM Marika38 as they are here in Papamoa and he just got a trucking job after some problems with an agency etc. I'm sure she'd be a wealth of info for you. I know Kato33 was hoping to be based here but her hubby ended up with a trucking job in Rotorua.

They'd be 2 of the people you could ask.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by becabops
Hi Guys

Many thanks
Becca.
xxx
I will be coming out there with family as a hgv driver around March/April time if house sells quickly and i found this site has a lot of info as there is some drivers you cam P.M
Good luck
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

becabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the roughbecabops is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Becca,

I hope you got my message re: Landlord's details for rental in the Mount?

Try and PM Marika38 as they are here in Papamoa and he just got a trucking job after some problems with an agency etc. I'm sure she'd be a wealth of info for you. I know Kato33 was hoping to be based here but her hubby ended up with a trucking job in Rotorua.

They'd be 2 of the people you could ask.
Hi Caroline

Thanks for the reply, i did not get the details for the rental in the Mount pls could you send them to me again?

How do i get hold of guys, Try and PM Marika38?

Thanks
B ecca
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:32 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi becca,

got your email, and have sent one back to you, hope the info helps, yell out for more info if needed, its no problem.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:52 pm
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice

Bit late as you are leaving soon... but saw this online and remembered this thread. The bit at the end might be of particular interest

http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/lo...ondsubsection=