Reload this Page >

Trucking companies hiring UK drivers

Trucking companies hiring UK drivers

Old Jun 15th 2020, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

davewelch88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trucking companies hiring UK drivers

Hi everyone,

I’m brand new to this forum and I am searching for information about becoming a truck driver in New Zealand!

I have all the correct licences and experience I’m just finding it difficult to find a potential employer.
I’m currently going down the route of Agri contractors, but as this is just seasonal work I’d be very grateful if anyone knows of anyone hiring full time.

Thanks a lot
Dave
Old Jun 15th 2020, 6:34 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trucking companies hiring UK drivers

So you have the licenses (HGV licenses recognized by NZ?) and experience, but don't you need a visa? Or are you already a NZ citizen?
Old Jun 15th 2020, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

davewelch88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
So you have the licenses (HGV licenses recognized by NZ?) and experience, but don't you need a visa? Or are you already a NZ citizen?
Yes I have the required licences (UK equivalent) and plenty of experience I'm just finding it difficult to find a company that are recruiting drivers from overseas.
I know the right company is out there...just gotta find them!

I'm sadly not a NZ citizen (but maybe one day!)
Old Jun 15th 2020, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Go on the accredited employer list in NZ.
Find the Transport companies.
That would be your best starting place.
That's why they are accredited companies to employ foreigners
The licences are easy to convert. you just do a theory test and a medical at the docs.
They convert your class 1 to there class 5.
You may have problems getting residence now with the increase you need to meet the requirements.

Last edited by jarv5116; Jun 15th 2020 at 10:37 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 11:14 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116 View Post
Go on the accredited employer list in NZ.
Find the Transport companies.
That would be your best starting place.
That's why they are accredited companies to employ foreigners
The licences are easy to convert. you just do a theory test and a medical at the docs.
They convert your class 1 to there class 5.
You may have problems getting residence now with the increase you need to meet the requirements.
Good post.