Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

truck driving in new zealand

truck driving in new zealand

Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

paulang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default truck driving in new zealand

Please help with some advice.are there any UK truckers driving in New Zealand as i need advice on how I should go about doing this.I am aware that Heavy vehicle drivers are on the immediate skills shortage list all over new Zealand.I need a job offer but just dont know how to go about it .Could anyone out there who has used this list please advice on anything about working in NZ.any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all
Default Re: truck driving in new zealand

Originally Posted by paulang
Please help with some advice.are there any UK truckers driving in New Zealand as i need advice on how I should go about doing this.I am aware that Heavy vehicle drivers are on the immediate skills shortage list all over new Zealand.I need a job offer but just dont know how to go about it .Could anyone out there who has used this list please advice on anything about working in NZ.any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul.

My hubby is an HGV driver and we've been in NZ since February.

Hubby got a job while we were still in the UK so we came out on General Work Visas and will apply for PR after 6 months.

Hubby works for Halls Refrigerated Transport and I'm sure they're looking for more Drivers.

Try the website www.halls.co.nz - It gives you info on the company and also any vacancies they've got.

Would be well worth emailing them I'm sure.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

paulang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KiwiDollie
Hi Paul.

My hubby is an HGV driver and we've been in NZ since February.

Hubby got a job while we were still in the UK so we came out on General Work Visas and will apply for PR after 6 months.

Hubby works for Halls Refrigerated Transport and I'm sure they're looking for more Drivers.

Try the website www.halls.co.nz - It gives you info on the company and also any vacancies they've got.

Would be well worth emailing them I'm sure.

Good luck with your plans.
Thank you kiwidollie.Looked at website and looks like they have some vacancies.Just some more info if you dont mind.Does your do nights away and how many hours a week is he working.What are the wages like.What is the process and costs of vias and finally how are you finding life in NZ.
Thank You
Paul
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulang
Thank you kiwidollie.Looked at website and looks like they have some vacancies.Just some more info if you dont mind.Does your do nights away and how many hours a week is he working.What are the wages like.What is the process and costs of vias and finally how are you finding life in NZ.
Thank You
Paul
Hi Paul

I've sent you a PM.