Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Travelling on UK Passport with Less Than 6 Months On it

Travelling on UK Passport with Less Than 6 Months On it

Old Oct 29th 2012, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Travelling on UK Passport with Less Than 6 Months On it

Hi,

I am visiting the UK from NZ on my UK passport which will have less than 6 months on it by the time i start the trip.

I will only be entering AUS on the way back to NZ and on the UK foreign office website it says that is ok with less than 6 months.

Will i be ok to travel via Singapore? I am only in the airport for a couple of hours instead of actually entering the country.

If not i have 7 weeks to change the passport from NZ - i hope that is enough time - plus getting to Immigration to switch stickers.

Is it quick to switch stickers over to a new passport?

Cheers
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:12 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling on UK Passport with Less Than 6 Months On it

When we renewed our 5yr-old's uk passport in NZ it was only 5 days from giving to the post shop to receiving it back. Switching the visa sticker was done while we waited in the Auckland Central office.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

i called up the expensive line for passports and they said it will take upto 4 weeks to process + delivery time.

As xmas is approaching i may wait until Jan when i have another 7 weeks to play with until another trip and hopefully less xmas mail to contend with

The Passport lady said to mention on the form you have travel plans, but they cant guarantee it will be back in time. But she said renewals are straight forward.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:02 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
i called up the expensive line for passports and they said it will take upto 4 weeks to process + delivery time.
Can't comment on how that compares as I didn't ask them at the time we did our renewal....

That may be their stock answer TBH.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
Can't comment on how that compares as I didn't ask them at the time we did our renewal....

That may be their stock answer TBH.
I think the 4 weeks is what they say, but it should be quicker much similar to the application you made

Well i hope so at least!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

If you're only in transit in Singapore you should be fine. Take your togs in your hand luggage, there's great swimming pool and hot tub airside at Singapore.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Like simonsi, when we renewed our eldest daughters passport in nz it took about 7 days. I too did not ask them about times.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed my kids' ones at Khandallah Post Office in Wellington and it took days not weeks. The British Embassy in Wellington check it then send it to UK for processing.
Switching the stickers was done in the NZIS Office in Wellington CBD by just taking a ticket from the machine and waiting. It did not take long (20 mins?) as people with PR doing renewals were prioritised by the queuing system so long as pressed the right buttons on the console as you entered.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

as above 5 day return and then 1 hour in central auckland for visa switch and very broke!!!