Travelling

Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:02 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling

I just have to ask you people over there on the other side of the world(isn't the internet such a wonderful thing?) whether it is common for people who are born in your country never to set their feet on the soil of any other country than NZ.

I mean, you may disagree but let's face it, NZ is a bit off the beaten track. However, today's world is getting smaller and smaller. I'm sure each one of you can come up with stories about your elderly relatives to have never been abroad.

I'm sorry if I became across as somehow stand-offish or arrogant, the bloody European again, certainly wasn't my intention.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling

I think you have misunderstood..this is a website for British Expats who have moved or are thinking of moving to other parts of the world including New Zealand in this section.
But to answer your question as if I were a New Zealander (which I am not )...no it is not common for them never to leave. Many New Zealanders do something called their 'Overseas Experience' which usually entails spending months even years working in other countries - often the UK with its close proximity to mainland Europe.
A fair proportion never return permanently.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

There must be quite a few POMs that don't travel abroad as well! Errr you're not swedish by any chance THR?

Last edited by Yotty; Feb 29th 2008 at 11:18 pm. Reason: .
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Ummm when I worked in south auckland I had rather a lot of employees that had never been south of the Bombays!!!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and they were young people under 25
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:56 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Travelling is part of the Kiwi culture. The big "OE" as they call it here. New Zealand is the most travelled nation on earth and the NZ passport is the most accepted.

BTW, both myself and my wife have travelled extensively around the world and she is a Finn. So not sure what your point is?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:30 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR View Post
I just have to ask you people over there on the other side of the world whether it is common for people who are born in your country never to set their feet on the soil of any other country than NZ.

No.

Are you bored again
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:28 am
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS here View Post
No.

Are you bored again

Sometimes I'm bored like anyone. What do you mean by "again"? I asked a question and received replies which I am interested in. What's being bored got to do with that?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:31 am
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yotty View Post
There must be quite a few POMs that don't travel abroad as well! Errr you're not swedish by any chance THR?
No, I'm not Swedish. Only been to that country once. I believe there is a pun in your question but I don't get what it is. I wish I did.