Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Traveling with Korean Airlines

Traveling with Korean Airlines

Old May 10th 2012, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Linbin has a spectacular aura aboutLinbin has a spectacular aura aboutLinbin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Traveling with Korean Airlines

Originally Posted by Lejamez
Hey guys,

After a bit of advice - Anyone on here used or heard anything about Korean Airlines? We're probably going to be stopping in Korea visiting family on route to Auckland and via the Emirates website we got a price of around £1600 for 2 adults and 2 children - Emirates themselves are around £3000. I'm always wary of an offer to good to be true so any info would be greatly appreciated - this flight has a stop over of around 14hrs at dubai however so that could be the catch

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Laura
Best advice DONT if you can avoid it, when we visited nz went Emirates (excellent, )went to Oz (Malaysian excellent) when we emmigrated did it budget (Korean awful) seats v uncomfortable, food diabolical, online entertainment basic. whereas with others seats comfy (be selective on your planaes if you can) food was v good for adventurous or not, onboard entertainment excellent, depends on kids ages our are teenagers but provide special packs for younger children and special meals and hostesses v attentive. think carefully , appreciate budget is important but if the difference isnt much go for emirates or malaysian and heard singapore are great but more expensive
Old May 10th 2012, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linbin
Best advice DONT if you can avoid it, when we visited nz went Emirates (excellent, )went to Oz (Malaysian excellent) when we emmigrated did it budget (Korean awful) seats v uncomfortable, food diabolical, online entertainment basic. whereas with others seats comfy (be selective on your planaes if you can) food was v good for adventurous or not, onboard entertainment excellent, depends on kids ages our are teenagers but provide special packs for younger children and special meals and hostesses v attentive. think carefully , appreciate budget is important but if the difference isnt much go for emirates or malaysian and heard singapore are great but more expensive
Thats NOT true. unless you go for North Korean airline or something.

I find Malaysian airline food diabolical - horrible curry. breaky lunch dinner all curry stuff - yuck!
Old May 10th 2012, 7:52 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee

I find Malaysian airline food diabolical - horrible curry. breaky lunch dinner all curry stuff - yuck!
Curry for Breakfast/dinner/supper yum yum - look out bum - here it come
Old May 11th 2012, 1:06 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Korean Airlines are fine- flown with them before, will do again. Bonus if you fly AKL-LHR is some of the flights have a free layover night in a hotel.
Old May 12th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

flew korean before,had an overnight stopover,and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the flights. some people seem to be so picky....
Old May 12th 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Often I think it is just what happens on the day. Full flights and grumpy flight crew have a huge impact on your overall flight enjoyment. I was really looking forward to a flight from LHR to the USA with virgin,had heard really good things about them. It was a terrible flight, full, stressed crew and the food was virtually inedible. On the way here our leg with Qantas, crap. BA leg, very good.
Kaz
Old May 13th 2012, 12:14 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karron
flew korean before,had an overnight stopover,and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the flights. some people seem to be so picky....
Agree I've flown with Virgin, Quantas and Air New Zealand.

In my experience had no problem maybe because I smile
Old May 13th 2012, 1:23 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babybella
Often I think it is just what happens on the day. Full flights and grumpy flight crew have a huge impact on your overall flight enjoyment. I was really looking forward to a flight from LHR to the USA with virgin,had heard really good things about them. It was a terrible flight, full, stressed crew and the food was virtually inedible. On the way here our leg with Qantas, crap. BA leg, very good.
Kaz
So true.

I used to love going with virgin to LA put they suddenly went really bad and it was down to cost cutting the flight attendants said. Their stop over was at a different, cheaper, place and their lay over hours cut as well, so on the outward journey they were not looking forward to the lay over at all - and it showed.

Having said that I have never had a poor flight with Singapore Airlines - they have always been the most helpful and attentive
Old May 13th 2012, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future

Like all the comments.....looks like I might give Korean a try :-)
Old May 13th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john and julie
Like all the comments.....looks like I might give Korean a try :-)
When are you planning to fly?
Old May 14th 2012, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karron
some people seem to be so picky....
I think they're entitled to be, when faced with paying over $2000 for 24 hours of mind and bum numbing torture.

I've a pretty stong constitution but don't have much of a stomach for a breakfast of some stinking fish curry, with a side of extra turbulence.
Old May 14th 2012, 7:49 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I think they're entitled to be, when faced with paying over $2000 for 24 hours of mind and bum numbing torture.

I've a pretty stong constitution but don't have much of a stomach for a breakfast of some stinking fish curry, with a side of extra turbulence.
I must admit I get a wee bit irked when folk make out flying is the worst thing ever. When I catch myself starting to think like that I remind myself what a ridiculously wealthy privilege it is to fly around the world- couldn't be much less like torture really.
Old May 14th 2012, 8:09 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I must admit I get a wee bit irked when folk make out flying is the worst thing ever. When I catch myself starting to think like that I remind myself what a ridiculously wealthy privilege it is to fly around the world- couldn't be much less like torture really.
Old May 23rd 2012, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

old pic

at the Incheon airport.
Attached Thumbnails Traveling with Korean Airlines-z1.jpg