Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Traveling with Korean Airlines

Traveling with Korean Airlines

Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future
Default Traveling with Korean Airlines

Hey guys,

After a bit of advice - Anyone on here used or heard anything about Korean Airlines? We're probably going to be stopping in Korea visiting family on route to Auckland and via the Emirates website we got a price of around £1600 for 2 adults and 2 children - Emirates themselves are around £3000. I'm always wary of an offer to good to be true so any info would be greatly appreciated - this flight has a stop over of around 14hrs at dubai however so that could be the catch

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Laura
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

gingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the roughgingerdingo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Traveling with Korean Airlines

That does sound like excellent value. What are the dates ?

I can't find anything less than 750 for an adult return
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:12 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

flew with them just the once - nothing wrong, just like any other airline I thought
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:19 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we flew with them on our way out to NZ. must say they were extremely helpful in getting us to our connecting flights through the airports. The food isn't all that as its all Korean based but they did get my son, very fussy eater, some rice pops so at least he ate something. If you have children you have to pre book the children's food don't just expect them to have ordered it as per child ticket. I'm a vary anxious flyer and I had no problems with them
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:28 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.airlinequality.com/

Check Korean Air. I found this site really useful.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I flew with Korean when I went to the world cup in Korea and Japan. Very good airline in my opinion

Bar China Airlines - there isn't a bad airline to fly over to here (unless you get the short straw and have a connecting flight with Jet Airways from Australia). Singapore are world class, Cathay Pacific and Thai airways are excellent, Emirates are very good, even Qantas British Airways and Virgin are very good. If you want to have a laugh when watching the safety video, fly Air New Zealand.

How long is your connection at Seoul? The only little disappointment with some airlines is the length in connection. Hence we always look at flying via Dubai or Singapore airport as if you have a long wait, there's a hotel to use or you can even have a city tour. Plus Changi Airport in my opinion is the best airport in the world, just beating Bangkok airport
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

personally I don't like their western dishes.

you maybe not like this but better quality food.
Attached Thumbnails Traveling with Korean Airlines-ko1.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 17th 2012 at 12:11 am.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future

Thanks for the input guys.

Gingerdingo - I was looking at the 6th August as the date travelling from Glasgow to Dubai then on to Seoul, we do have to get a connection to Ulsan as planning on staying for 7-10days with family so not to worried about connections I'm also going to check out if we can fly to Ulsan airport but not sure about connections, as its the start of our journey and our stuff will be in a container for 8weeks not really bothered how many stops we have. Not priced the journey from Korea to Auckland but seemingly there are quite a few to choose from and are reasonably priced.

Interesting thoughts on food - I'm happy to pack sandwiches for each leg of the journey thou so will look into the restrictions as my kids probably will decide to just eat rice or noodles hehe
Old Apr 18th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

OK I'm a muppet - just had another look at flight and it turns out the reason £1600 was so good is that I'm wrong....put the comma in the wrong place its £16000

Thanks for all your input but thinking I'd better keep looking hehe
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going out to Auckland inJuly with Korean Air, paid just under £1000 for one return adult ticket through Dial a Flight. Have flown with them a few times before and all was fine - except the rifling through of bags on the return flight and the nicking of Perkynanas
Certainly was offered western style food although OH braved the Korean option.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:57 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lejamez
OK I'm a muppet - just had another look at flight and it turns out the reason £1600 was so good is that I'm wrong....put the comma in the wrong place its £16000

Thanks for all your input but thinking I'd better keep looking hehe
Old Apr 20th 2012, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lejamez
put the comma in the wrong place its £16000
gee that is a lot of wonga! around 30,000 NZD
Old May 5th 2012, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/686172...-airport-named

Just ordinary airport to me. not so special.....

some old piccies when I visited there last time.(2008 & 2010)

*tip*

coffee is naff and so expensive in the airport lounges. not worth it.
Attached Thumbnails Traveling with Korean Airlines-z-4.jpg   Traveling with Korean Airlines-z-7.jpg   Traveling with Korean Airlines-z-3.jpg   Traveling with Korean Airlines-k1.jpg   Traveling with Korean Airlines-k-11.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; May 5th 2012 at 3:53 am.
Old May 5th 2012, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/686172...-airport-named

Just ordinary airport to me. not so special.....

some old piccies when I visited there last time.(2008 & 2010)

*tip*

coffee is naff and so expensive in the airport lounges. not worth it.
Compared to Heathrow it's flipping heaven, clean and always somewhere to sit
Old May 6th 2012, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

A few words about Korean Airlines' safety record. They had a pretty dismal period between 1970 and 1999. 16 Hull losses and over 700 lives lost (including the infamous shooting down by the Russians). After BA and I think LH went in to help sort out the mess they have become one of the safest outfits in the world.

Last edited by Matelot; May 6th 2012 at 12:52 am. Reason: There are 2 esses in losses!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.