Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Travel Orewa to Auckland City

Travel Orewa to Auckland City

Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Travel Orewa to Auckland City

Hi there,

Just about to start a job in Auckland City and was wondering if anyone could let me know how long it takes to get into Auckland these days. I need to start at 9am

Cheers
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:44 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Orewa to Auckland City

Originally Posted by NZGrl View Post
Hi there,

Just about to start a job in Auckland City and was wondering if anyone could let me know how long it takes to get into Auckland these days. I need to start at 9am

Cheers
Good luck!

I'd leave about 0745, then.

Or go to Gulf Harbour and catch the ferry??

If you're not starting for a day or 2, try going tomorrow morning at 0800 and see how far you get.........then alter your next run by 20 mins or so......
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going to the CBD, the best way is to drive to the Albany park and ride station and then take the bus. Time is about 15 minutes to drive and park, 5 min to get bus and 30 min on the bus - so about 50-55 total. I do this when I need to go to meetings in town, although I normally work in Devonport.
The only problem is if you're working away from the CBD and need to get a connecting bus, that would slow things down a bit
You definitely don't want to drive the whole way - the motorway is like a car park from Albany onwards after 0730
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:03 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi View Post
If you're going to the CBD, the best way is to drive to the Albany park and ride station and then take the bus. Time is about 15 minutes to drive and park, 5 min to get bus and 30 min on the bus - so about 50-55 total. I do this when I need to go to meetings in town, although I normally work in Devonport.
The only problem is if you're working away from the CBD and need to get a connecting bus, that would slow things down a bit
You definitely don't want to drive the whole way - the motorway is like a car park from Albany onwards after 0730
Good option but all the car parking spaces go by 0730! You'll have to find a space on the road and walk to the bus........
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Think I will try driving as I have a car park with work so we shall see.

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by NZGrl View Post
Think I will try driving as I have a car park with work so we shall see.

Thanks
Give it a trial run, first. It does get busy trying to cross the bridge!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:24 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Pick your time and look at the cameras on the route:

Auckland Traffic Cameras
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

I crossed the bridge from the North Shore at 0945 this morning and it still was bad. But if your used to commuting in the UK, its about the same. Have you thought about the Devonport or Bayswater ferry? Great way to commute