Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance to the UK via the USA

Travel Insurance to the UK via the USA

Old Mar 10th 2015, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel Insurance to the UK via the USA

I have done this journey in both directions several times, but due to old age and brain cells diminishing, I have forgotten if I need to include the USA as a destination with my travel insurance even though I will only be transitting on the NZ2.

I know theoretically that I shouldn't need to but what happens if one gets taken ill on the flight out of AKL or at LAX whilst waiting to reboard and needs medical care?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Insurance to the UK via the USA

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I have done this journey in both directions several times, but due to old age and brain cells diminishing, I have forgotten if I need to include the USA as a destination with my travel insurance even though I will only be transitting on the NZ2.

I know theoretically that I shouldn't need to but what happens if one gets taken ill on the flight out of AKL or at LAX whilst waiting to reboard and needs medical care?
GET IT!!!!!!!!

The last thing you want is to be shafted by the US health care system. What's that, a broken neck from an air crash? That'll be $37974 please.

One of many reasons never to go via the land of the free. Thankfully due to complaints from kiwis and brits, Air New Zealand are looking at sending the Heathrow flight via Vancouver instead.