Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance - One Way Tickets

Travel Insurance - One Way Tickets

Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

FrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really nice
Default Travel Insurance - One Way Tickets

Hi,

Many of you, like myself, must be a British Citizen and New Zealand Permanent Resident .......

If you travel on a one way ticket - what do you do for travel insurance?

Most policies only cover return trips but there must be something for migrants as lots of us travel on one way tickets if we go for long periods of time to either NZ or the UK.

Thanks for help with this one.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travel Insurance - One Way Tickets

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer
Hi,

Many of you, like myself, must be a British Citizen and New Zealand Permanent Resident .......

Most policies only cover return trips but there must be something for migrants as lots of us travel on one way tickets if we go for long periods of time to either NZ or the UK.

Hi
I just booked one way travel insurance through Trailfinders.com For one adult and 2 children flying to Melbourne for 2 weeks then onto Auckland it cost £81.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer
Hi,

Hi,

It is indeed a big problem. I have just booked it for my son. The lonely planet magazine recommends World Nomads travel insurance. They quoted $84 for him one way via the US which also makes a difference.

Carole
Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We used the UK post office single trip cover. If you read the small print on their website under their basic cover policy it states:
"It will also provide cover for one-way trips
of up to a maximum of 17 days duration, for the
purpose of emigration only."

I can't remember how much it cost though.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH and son used

http://www.duinsure.com/sites/duinsu...uote1?openform

Duinsue - Down Under Insure

You can insure from 5 days up to 18 months! It will also 'repatriate' you to your final destination and not back to the UK. They give different levels of cover, so you are sure to find something to suit you.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Although they dont advertise it a lot of regular travel insurance companies provide one way insurance if you call them up and ask.
I used Direct Travel who I always use for all my regular travel insurance but called round a couple of other 'known name' insurers who all offered me a one way policy although they didn't advertise that they provided it on any of their literature.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

FrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really nice

BigThank you all ...... I thought this was going to be a tricky one and now it seems I have a choice of companies to use!

Safe travels everyone.