Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance to cover domestic flights....

Travel insurance to cover domestic flights....

Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Travel insurance to cover domestic flights....

...with qantas - can anyone recommend anything?

Ive got a good number of flights booked between christchurch and auckland between now and november and no insurance. Any help? something along the lines of ryanair where you paid 20 quid on top of your fare.

cheers

Last edited by zaras dad; Jul 1st 2008 at 3:57 am.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:27 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel insurance to cover domestic flights....

Originally Posted by zaras dad

Ive got a good flights booked between christchurch and auckland and no insurance. Any help?

Can't help with the insurance question though oddly enough I was considering exactly this after this weekend with all flights smaller than a 737 cancelled out of wellington airport!

However, can I suggest one thing, if you are flying qantas to not be on a tight schedule. They don't have many planes and are notorious amongst frequent travellers for departing late. Of course, i went and checked their website and none were delayed by more than a few minutes! But I have found that when arranging flights for workmates that I can pretty much guarantee that the flights departing around 5:00pm will be late - the 4:30pm from Wellington to AKL will be cancelled and the 6pm doesn't leave until 7pm etc. No biggie if you don't have a plane to connect to!

Their website has QBE Insurance ph 0800 808 767. Not sure if you have seen that? From memory, unlike Air NZ's or Virgin/Pacific Blue they don't promote it on their booking page.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad

Ive got a good number of flights booked between christchurch and auckland between now and november and no insurance. Any help? something along the lines of ryanair where you paid 20 quid on top of your fare.

cheers
Best/cheapest travel insurer Ive seen is www.worldnomads.com , but check that this offers the cover you want. Ive even had a claim paid by these guys!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:22 pm
Banned

nomadicmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you need to waste money on insurance? If your plane crashes you wont be able to claim anyway!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE][Why do you need to waste money on insurance? If your plane crashes you wont be able to claim anyway!/QUOTE]

I was thinking more of if i cant do the flight , id like to try and get some money back as opposed to losing it all.