British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Travel insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/travel-insurance-922020/)

BEVS Feb 13th 2019 3:37 am

Travel insurance
 
Who is everyone using for travel insurance please?

I got a quote from SCTI and was astonished at the price. Same for AA & Air NZ . Also same AMI whom we have our house/car insurance with.

Our bank seemed more reasonable but is bank travel insurance coverage any good?

bearskin Feb 13th 2019 6:32 am

Re: Travel insurance
 
AA Insurance for me. Off to Oz in a couple of weeks, very reasonable.

Dorothy Feb 13th 2019 6:40 am

Re: Travel insurance
 

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12636369)
Who is everyone using for travel insurance please?

I got a quote from SCTI and was astonished at the price. Same for AA & Air NZ . Also same AMI whom we have our house/car insurance with.

Our bank seemed more reasonable but is bank travel insurance coverage any good?

Do you have RAC? I get my travel insurance through them when we go away. I have a membership and my house insurance is with them so get a discount.

janiejones Feb 13th 2019 7:54 am

Re: Travel insurance
 
Southern Cross have always worked out cost effective for us, and they're reasonable about pre existing conditions .
Do you have a credit card? Sometimes they come with travel insurance. Ours does, but it's no use to me because they want a fee to assess my pre existing condition, and the fee is more than the cost with another insurer :unsure:

Justcol Feb 13th 2019 7:10 pm

Re: Travel insurance
 
We used the bank (ASB) for our last trip to Euroland, can't remember what we paid but it didn't strike me as expensive.

cym Feb 14th 2019 8:49 am

Re: Travel insurance
 
TINZ
reasonable fees and when we had to make a claim they were helpful and paid out within 28 days

BEVS Feb 14th 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Travel insurance
 

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 12636669)
We used the bank (ASB) for our last trip to Euroland, can't remember what we paid but it didn't strike me as expensive.

I'm considering this. It seems far more cost effective than any others and I am puzzled as to why.

Neither of us have pre-existing conditions except for himself's manky thyroid but I'm getting to a 'certain age' :unsure: . Seems to muck the premiums up a bit.

BEVS Feb 14th 2019 11:41 pm

Re: Travel insurance
 

Originally Posted by cym (Post 12636935)
TINZ
reasonable fees and when we had to make a claim they were helpful and paid out within 28 days

These are looking good .


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:48 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.