Travel Insurance

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Default Travel Insurance

Please could anyone let me know what arrangements they have made for travel insurance.

My UK current Bank Account offers a free annual travel insurance policy, but you have to have a returning ticket to UK within 45 days.

Anyone got any good/cheap insurance cover to include for a 4 day stopover
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Insurance

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
Please could anyone let me know what arrangements they have made for travel insurance.

My UK current Bank Account offers a free annual travel insurance policy, but you have to have a returning ticket to UK within 45 days.

Check how much a return ticket is-I thought they were about the same-or book it on a credit card and see what they offer-then when you get to NZ,swap the bugger!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
Check how much a return ticket is-I thought they were about the same-or book it on a credit card and see what they offer-then when you get to NZ,swap the bugger!!
One way tickets already booked - fantastic price. Used the Company Credit Card (don't tell the tax man) so no insurance offered!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

I used Southern Cross - can find them on the internet. A NZ-based company and offers comprehensive travel insurance specifically for immigrants to NZ at rates a lot cheaper than I could find in the UK. They're open 24 hours a day and everything can be sorted online.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waynepfry
I used Southern Cross - can find them on the internet. A NZ-based company and offers comprehensive travel insurance specifically for immigrants to NZ at rates a lot cheaper than I could find in the UK. They're open 24 hours a day and everything can be sorted online.
Christus vincit-this forum rocks-you can find out ANYTHING!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Christus vincit-this forum rocks-you can find out ANYTHING!!!
We have an annual 'go anywhere' insurance with Direct line that's good- hubby says it might be worth phoning them?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helinuk
We have an annual 'go anywhere' insurance with Direct line that's good- hubby says it might be worth phoning them?
Our policy is a go anywhere for unlimited holidays each year, BUT, they have informed me that as we are travelling for longer than 30 days and do not have a return ticket the cover is not valid!! Make sure you check yours.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
we had the direct line annual policy but it wasn't valid for the one way trip - it was quite hard to find an insurer that would - we did manage it but I can't remember the details sorry will try a search back through as I did give the details on here way back when we first arrived.

Found it:
We booked insurance with insureandgo - they do 1 way trips, insurance expires the day after you arrive - family of 4 was about £56 if I remember rightly and that was for their middle level insurance - if you do a websearch it should come up otherwise their customer services tel no is 0870 333 1794 (in UK)

Vicki
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:15 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

We also used Insure And Go (www.insureandgo.co.uk) because they were a bit better than the Post Office travel insurance. They were the only 2 ones we could get 1 way insurance from

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urbanproject
We also used Insure And Go (www.insureandgo.co.uk) because they were a bit better than the Post Office travel insurance. They were the only 2 ones we could get 1 way insurance from
Thanks I'll put that in my favourites for next year!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:39 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

We used the Post Office in the UK. Just covered us for the plane trip.

Taff.