Transporting pets

Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future
Default Re: Transporting pets

I dont know about other countries but from the uk its really not difficult at all. You get a health certificate, a couple of jabs, microchipped and get them wormed before you leave. There is no quarantine for the uk so you can just pick them up at the other end. Really not a problem if your willing to pay for it.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

I can recommend Golden Arrow, who arranged everything for us. all we had to do was to get pooh 2 samples on certain days(the same day as blood test) and get the vet to take the blood samples, fill in the bottle labels, sign the documents (all supplied by golden arrow) and then we could send them off in prepaid envelopes.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Moomoo
It all seems so complicated, but it must be achievable otherwise others wouldn't have succeeded.

One of our dogs is a little wary of strangers, so I am concerned that she would not like strangers handling her. Has anyone else had this concern? All our dogs are rescue dogs.
It is quite achieveable and one of the things that will help you is to get a vet who is willing to help. I truly appreciate the work my vet put into getting the correct blood tests in the correct time frame for my wee dog's emigration

All dogs should be accepting of strangers handling them (IMO - check out the Canine Good Citizen requirements in both the UK and NZ), but in any case, once your dog has been vet checked at departure and popped in her crate, she won't be physically touched by anyone until you collect her at the other end. BTW, my dogs are all rescues too
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
I can recommend Golden Arrow, who arranged everything for us. all we had to do was to get pooh 2 samples on certain days(the same day as blood test) and get the vet to take the blood samples, fill in the bottle labels, sign the documents (all supplied by golden arrow) and then we could send them off in prepaid envelopes.
Do you have a link for Golden Arrow we can't seem to find them on the internet.

Thanks

Moomoo
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Moomoo
Do you have a link for Golden Arrow we can't seem to find them on the internet.

Thanks

Moomoo
I don't think they have a website yet. Tel 01588 680240. They are in
Lydbury Shrops.
It cost us from Manchester to CHC 2300 £.
Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
I don't think they have a website yet. Tel 01588 680240. They are in
Lydbury Shrops.
It cost us from Manchester to CHC 2300 £.
Cheers
Thanks
Kerry
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

tommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the rough

Many thanks to all for your comments, seems alot of you are as daft as us about the pets. Will keep posting.

T and L