Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Transport to Heathrow??

Transport to Heathrow??

Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transport to Heathrow??

Ok we have our visa's and we have our one way tickets, but now I am wondering how people got to Heathrow.

I don't want my family anywhere near the airport on the big day and I have looked up a bus company but they will take 3 hours to get from Bristol to Heathrow.

So does anyone have any ideas how to get 2 adults, 2 kids, 4 holdalls and 3 mini suitcases from Bristol to Heathrow??
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice
Default Re: Transport to Heathrow??

I would see if any local taxi firms with mini buses will give you an airport quote? I'm not sure how far you are from Heathrow so it might be expensive, hope not.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

We hired a car in Plymouth and dropped it at heathrow airport.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

We used Airport Cars (they are a local firm) .. think is cost just over 100UKP to get from Bournemouth to Heathrow.

That was for 2 adults, 2 kids and a rediculous amount of luggage. Was very easy and relaxed ... guy collected us from what was our UK rental, dropped us at the rental agents for us to leave the keys, and then took us to the Heathrow terminal and helped us out, and loaded up a trolley with our cases. Definately money well spent.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

I think we paid about £89 we picked the car up at about 9.30 am from Plymouth City Centre and dropped it off at Heathrow Airport, then you got a bus from car hire place direct to the terminal you need. We had a Ford Focus and i think it was with Hertz, we also didn't want the family at the airport it would have been too hard, but having the hire car meant we could stop for a coffee break when we wanted too as well.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

We went via national express, probably the same company you have looked up. Nice & relaxing & virtually door to door.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

We hired a car for the day too but we went from Birmingham. Had the car delivered to us and dropped it off at the airport. Some companies charge extra to bring it back so just be careful. We used Enterprise and they were great. We hired a much bigger car than we needed but we went in style as it was a special occasion.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:36 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

We used a people carrier with a local taxi firm in Hampshire - 70 quid.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:03 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Our bestest mate dropped us off. He was really good, I wouldn't allow HER to come though!!!! ( You know who you are!!!! )
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

nzfarmers is a jewel in the roughnzfarmers is a jewel in the roughnzfarmers is a jewel in the roughnzfarmers is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Transport to Heathrow??

Hi, we hired an estate car from Europcar on a one way rental to Heathrow which we crammed in 2 adults, 3 children,8 suite cases and 8 back packs and not much room to spare. We also stopped all family and friends from coming to the airport.
Ang
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

That's it, I phoned several hire car companies and the quotes were £177 ish (because it is a Sunday and one way etc) but we tried Europcar (as recommended above) and we have now booked a Vectra for the day for £56 - bargin.

So thank you all
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to ring around local airport transfer/taxi firms to get quotes for 2 adults, 2 kids, 4 cases & 4 holdalls from Chesterfield to Heathrow

Already had one quote of £124!

Then I read this thread Never even thought about hiring a car...so now I'm gonna be ringing round car hire companies instead!

Cheers everyone
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd share this with you all...

...I've rung a few local airport transfer firms & the cost for a one way taxi to Heathrow from Chesterfield (about a 3hr run) varies between £135-150

...I then rung a couple of rental firms & have booked a one way rental Vectra/Mondeo sized car for only £56...this is from National

I've saved sooooo much money already by being part of this forum....thanks guys!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Avis car rental is how we got to Heathrow from Exeter. Do not book online, phone them direct and see what deals they can offer, the Avis terminal in Exeter was unable to offer any help but the one in Taunton (25 miles up the road) gave us a managers special deal so the one way rental fee was waved which saved a lot of money, and we collected the car the night before so we could pack it.
Once at the Heathrow Avis terminal they supplied a free bus to the correct departure terminal and carried our bags for us (over 100kgs )
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by P2L
Our bestest mate dropped us off. He was really good, I wouldn't allow HER to come though!!!! ( You know who you are!!!! )
I know....had to do my blubbing on ur mum's doorstep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.