Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Transiting through LAX

Transiting through LAX

Old Jul 30th 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Transiting through LAX

Sorry to take over your thread
I might be heading through LA on an Air NZ flight

What information do you need to give the USA authorities before travelling and what do they do to you when you get there? All this fingerprints/photo stuff scares me

I dont want any hassle! But the deal i found with Air NZ is good, just dont want the USA to lock me up incase they dont like the look of me

Do you have to collect your luggage when transiting, or does the airline do it for you?

Cheers
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the ESTA website - it's your flight times and a series of statements about whether you are a terrorist etc etc .
We didn't have to collect the luggage - we had it checked all the way through. If you do a stopover in LA rather than just transit then you do have to collect it.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Look on the ESTA website - it's your flight times and a series of statements about whether you are a terrorist etc etc .
We didn't have to collect the luggage - we had it checked all the way through. If you do a stopover in LA rather than just transit then you do have to collect it.
thanks
had a look at that site. I best book the flight before filling anything in.
Still uncomfortable at folks having my fingerprints. More out of how securely this data will be stored, i've got nothing to hide. Just dont want to contacted in NZ saying i've been involved in some gangland shootings in downtown LA as my fingerprints were found at the scene.

London to Welly with Air NZ one way at a decent price...
Other option is Quantas with London-singapore-sydney-welly

Last edited by DennisBergkamp; Jul 30th 2010 at 11:33 am.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Wow! I didn't know about the champagne baths, I'm changing my ticket! OH can share the dogs crate to save money....
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
had a look at that site. I best book the flight before filling anything in.
Still uncomfortable at folks having my fingerprints.
They'll have yours ... with millions of others. Only alternative is to decide never to visit the USA. Or acquire a Canadian passport first and then you can visit as tourist without being fingerprinted (for now) but even Canadians are fingerprinted if they have any other kind of USA visa/status.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 1:40 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
Sorry to take over your thread
I might be heading through LA on an Air NZ flight

What information do you need to give the USA authorities before travelling and what do they do to you when you get there? All this fingerprints/photo stuff scares me

Cheers
Apart from the ESTA (if you qualify), Air NZ should contact you in order for you to provide your name and date of birth before travel, as US authorities apparently require them now.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

It ok now
I found a cheaper ticket via Malaysia so went for that
If i wasnt on my own i'd go via USA
I'd love to vist USA, but NZ is the priority right now