Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Transit through Shanghai Pudong

Transit through Shanghai Pudong

Old May 11th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transit through Shanghai Pudong

Hi,

Has anyone ever to or from NZ and Transited through Shanghai Airport. Was wondering how it works. I'm arriving from NZ to T2 and leave with KLM from T1. Anyone done anything similar and advise how easy/difficult the process was?
Old May 11th 2013, 11:09 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transit through Shanghai Pudong

I transited through there about 5 years ago. I didn't have to change terminals though. Had to get luggage re-checked through. There wasn't much to do or see but the surroundings were of a good standard and clean. Found a cafe which sold nice cappuccino so all was not lost. Probably nicer than the transit 'lounge' in LA! If I was doing it again and there for a while I'd investigate a little tour or something. I wasn't feeling confident enough to leave the airport, but I was allowed to.
Old May 12th 2013, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
I transited through there about 5 years ago. I didn't have to change terminals though. Had to get luggage re-checked through. There wasn't much to do or see but the surroundings were of a good standard and clean. Found a cafe which sold nice cappuccino so all was not lost. Probably nicer than the transit 'lounge' in LA! If I was doing it again and there for a while I'd investigate a little tour or something. I wasn't feeling confident enough to leave the airport, but I was allowed to.
I've got 4 hrs between flights going and 8 hrs between flights coming back. Probably find out when I check in re the luggage. Will they take any currency in the transit lounge?
Old May 12th 2013, 5:41 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I've got 4 hrs between flights going and 8 hrs between flights coming back. Probably find out when I check in re the luggage. Will they take any currency in the transit lounge?
As of this year you can exit the transit lounge at Pudong for a couple of days without a PRC visa......so jump on the Maglev for a 270MPH buzz...into the city 20 miles away in 10 minutes.....and back again...
ATM's at Pudong.
Old May 12th 2013, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormer999
As of this year you can exit the transit lounge at Pudong for a couple of days without a PRC visa......so jump on the Maglev for a 270MPH buzz...into the city 20 miles away in 10 minutes.....and back again...
ATM's at Pudong.
Sounds like a must do.... got eight hours to kill on the way back.
Old May 12th 2013, 10:44 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Will they take any currency in the transit lounge?
I can't answer that, but they did take a credit card. I'm guessing they'll take USD and Euro. You may be able to find out on their website.