Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is Transferring your private pensions taxable?

Is Transferring your private pensions taxable?

Old Mar 21st 2012, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Is Transferring your private pensions taxable?

I've a number of private pensions in the UK and wish to find out about transferring them and maybe cashing some of them in. Does anyone know what the tax ruling is, how to do it and who to use etc?
any suggestions would be great.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all
Default Re: Is Transferring your private pensions taxable?

I've just become a resident here and also retire in a few months so have been researching this myself.

This link seems to answer a few questions.
http://www.uk-pension-transfer.co.nz...ove-funds.html

However, I manage my own pension in the UK (a SIPP) rather than let those robbing b...rds in the City get their hands on it. So I'm not overly happy about having to hand it lock stock and barrel over to some fund manager in NZ. That said I just discovered that I am limited by UK law to taking a maximum drawdown of just 5.6% p.a. from my fund when I retire (Known as the GAD rate in the UK).

Last edited by BlackCrossInResidence; Mar 22nd 2012 at 9:37 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is Transferring your private pensions taxable?

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
I've just become a resident here and also retire in a few months so have been researching this myself.

This link seems to answer a few questions.
http://www.uk-pension-transfer.co.nz...ove-funds.html

However, I manage my own pension in the UK (a SIPP) rather than let those robbing b...rds in the City get their hands on it. So I'm not overly happy about having to hand it lock stock and barrel over to some fund manager in NZ. That said I just discovered that I am limited by UK law to taking a maximum drawdown of just 5.6% p.a. from my fund when I retire (Known as the GAD rate in the UK).
cheers for the info.