Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Transferring Vodafone UK to Vodafone NZ?

Transferring Vodafone UK to Vodafone NZ?

Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:56 pm
Rock On NZ!

popkid will become famous soon enoughpopkid will become famous soon enough
Default Transferring Vodafone UK to Vodafone NZ?

Am finally within the last month before I move - shippings gone and all is well (fingers crossed :scared: ) the only things that I cant quite work out what to do with is that my vodafone contract doesnt finish til february. I know people on the end of the customer helplines are fairly helpless but has anyone tried to get them to do something nice in this kind of situation. Perhaps transfer your remaining months over to vodafone NZ?
any thoughts would be good!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring Vodafone UK to Vodafone NZ?

Oh gosh....trying to remember what I did.

My contract was over 12 months old so I was just able to ring them to cancel the contract...I let it run for 30 days after we got here just for emergencies. They will also ask for confirmation of cancellation in writing too.
When I got here I bought a Vodaphone Pay as You go sim card that cost 35 bucks. My phone wasnt compatible so I had to ring vodaphone in UK to get them to unlock the phone or something....was confusing to me. Please do that before coming here...I think theres some info on their website. The phone I have has only just come out in NZ so they werent sure what to do with it to make it work as they hadnt seen one like it before.

Definately sort it all out whilst still in the UK. But the Pay as you go is pretty cheap to use and to text people...I txt people in UK with it all the time.

Have fun

Sarah
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:05 am
livewire

Good advice there - get your phone unlocked before you leave.

NZ telecom does have a deal with Oz telecom though so if you ever go over to Oz for a holiday you can use your NZ sim there and the calls will cost the same as they do in NZ. How long this arrangement will last is anyone's guess.

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:33 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a pay as you go mobile in UK and got vodafone to unlock it before I left. I then bought a NZ sim in the UK which worked straight away at AKL airport with $5 credit. Topped up today at a dairy - easy peasy.
No idea re contracts though? You may have to take a hit on however much is left - would suggest going to Pay as you go in NZ though.