Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Transferring Money to NZ

Transferring Money to NZ

Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

jasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to all
Default Transferring Money to NZ

Hi
We currently bank with Barclays and although we have already set up a New Zealand bank account with Westpac, due to the current exchange rates we are looking to keep our money in our UK account until the exchange rate goes up but are unsure of how we can transfer the money from the UK account to the NZ account, when we are in NZ (aprox March 07). can anyone advise?

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:46 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring Money to NZ

Originally Posted by jasonandrea View Post
Hi
We currently bank with Barclays and although we have already set up a New Zealand bank account with Westpac, due to the current exchange rates we are looking to keep our money in our UK account until the exchange rate goes up but are unsure of how we can transfer the money from the UK account to the NZ account, when we are in NZ (aprox March 07). can anyone advise?

Thanks
Hi there,
might be worth checking the Really useful thread as this topic has come up before. Or 'search' the threads and something should surface. Can't help you myself as StevieB got left to deal with all the technical stuff as I landed the job! And I can't ask him as he is sleeping the sleep of the just - or very deaf, as I can hear a dog barking as he hasn't sworn yet!!.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:38 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Hello

You will need to check with Barclays. We banked with Halifax at first and they simply couldn't do it. We're with HSBC we were Iif I remember correctly)able to, but the charges are pretty mad. If they can do it, its simply like a standing order, you give them the bank details and they'll transfer it. Try to do it in one swoop though because of the charges.

Hope this helps!

Nikki x
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
search for HIfix, we transfer our money over with them & its really easy
if you need anymore info shout & i'll ask hubby (thats one of his jobs)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=hifix this is the thread that may help
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

jasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to alljasonandrea is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poppets View Post
search for HIfix, we transfer our money over with them & its really easy
if you need anymore info shout & i'll ask hubby (thats one of his jobs)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=hifix this is the thread that may help
Thanx, we have set up an account with Moneycorp, don't no if you have heard of them.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Hi,
I also bank with Barclays and have left my money in the UK. All you need to do is Phone a Barclays International number and they will transfer the money into your west pac account in a couple of days. It costs between 25 and 35 pounds depending on how quick you want the money. Let me know if you want the phone numbers. carole
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799 View Post
Hi,
I also bank with Barclays and have left my money in the UK. All you need to do is Phone a Barclays International number and they will transfer the money into your west pac account in a couple of days. It costs between 25 and 35 pounds depending on how quick you want the money. Let me know if you want the phone numbers. carole
Thanks Carole,

when we are next off work we will call in the local branch...

Jason
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx, we have set up an account with Moneycorp, don't no if you have heard of them.
Yes I have, we trasferred money over with them and they were very good
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

leedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura about

You could open a sterling foreign exchange account with Westpac (or whichever other NZ bank you're using) which would allow you to delay actually exchanging it to NZ dollars until the rate is more favourable - it's a lot easier to do when both accounts are in NZ.

The interest rates aren't as good as NZ dollar accounts - they try to match UK interest rates.

With luck you won't do what we did - the settlement date on the house we bought here just happened to coincide with the strongest NZ dollar level for 13 months

Laurence