Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Traffic Wardens & Fines

Traffic Wardens & Fines

Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:09 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Traffic Wardens & Fines

Not sure if those of you here in NZ are aware - but traffic wardens can dish out additional fines if the tread on your tyres is too low or your car's registration or WOF has expired.

It was covered on a Target or Fair Go type programme which I only saw a brief trailer for.

My car's WOF had expired and I was in town in the week. Said warden was checking the tickets - which mine had half an hour left to run as I got in the car in front of him. He looked at the Warrant and said it was out of date. I immediately looked angelic and told him it was booked in the next day. A line I'm quite sure he's never heard before. As I adjusted my top to earn brownie points he asked me to get out of his sight. I know I've had 4 kids, but even so this wounded me deeply.

Then I realised he meant the car and was letting me off.

I did book the car in the next day - it failed. It could have been a $200 fine that he, the traffic warden, could have given me. It's now in the garage. On the bright side, I am driving daughter's pimped Subaru!

So be warned ....
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:14 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Wardens & Fines

How old's your daughter?? lol

Anyway, here at the hotel we get fines on a daily basis coz the bast*rds of traffic wardens camp in front of our hotel...

So I've not been here long n i dont like them already!!!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Matewx
How old's your daughter?? lol

Anyway, here at the hotel we get fines on a daily basis coz the bast*rds of traffic wardens camp in front of our hotel...

So I've not been here long n i dont like them already!!!
She's nearly 17, got the car on her 16th. It's great, I totally embarrass her, which is what motherhood was invented for, by driving it with the window down, arm out, giving silly hand signals and blowing kisses at all her mates, whilst the music's pumping. She cowers in the passenger seat telling me to "grow up". Such fun!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:24 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Matewx
Oh dear...
Trust me - it's great! Gave her and 3 of her mates a ride to a party last night. I managed to upend a display in the liquor store (buying for me not them - I'm not that stupid) whilst they all looked on from the car. Got back in the car swearing and laughing - she said "Please shut up mum" I replied "How far did you want to walk?" It was fine after that!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:08 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
She's nearly 17, got the car on her 16th. It's great, I totally embarrass her, which is what motherhood was invented for, by driving it with the window down, arm out, giving silly hand signals and blowing kisses at all her mates, whilst the music's pumping. She cowers in the passenger seat telling me to "grow up". Such fun!
Aren't they all soo conservative? It just cracks me up! I love that image -
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Batty
Aren't they all soo conservative? It just cracks me up! I love that image -
It's like she's Saffy and I'm Patsy ....
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

There's no 'smilie' for uncontrollable giggles
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Batty
There's no 'smilie' for uncontrollable giggles
Absolutely ...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely ...
Fabulous!

You rock
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:07 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of those
The strange thing is though, her mates don't seem to take THAT much notice
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I love traffic wardens (well only one of them)