Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tradesman rates of pay.

Tradesman rates of pay.

Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

lotuselise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tradesman rates of pay.

We are heading off to New Zealand soon. My wife is a nurse and we have gained residency with her nursing qualifcations. I am a plasterer and tiler could anyone tell me what my rates of pay would be if I was to carry on with my trade when we arrive.
This is my first post, Hello everyone.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:10 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tradesman rates of pay.

It depends entirely on where you settle.
Christchurch would, you would hope, be very profitable. However, there's media stories of the demand not yet kicking in, permits etc still on hold.
Best of luck, hope you get a more helpful answer soon Might be worth rephrasing the title as a question.
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by hazeandsteve; Sep 14th 2011 at 12:21 am.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My husband is a time served fully UK qualified and NZ registered plumber and gasfitter. His rate of pay is $26 per hour.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Most tilers I work with work for themselves (self employed) and the going rate
for tiling jobs is around $65 to $85 a square meter depending on what's being laid

I work with tiles but am not a tiler and i work off a minimum of $50 an hour, hope that helps

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 14th 2011 at 4:14 am.