British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Touchdown in Tauranga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/touchdown-tauranga-645408/)

Vamps Dec 19th 2009 6:20 am

Touchdown in Tauranga

Well we made it. Arrived in NZ on the 12th. Spent two days in Auckland then headed down to Tauranga to get things rolling.

Have been given a verbal start date of my new job for Jan 18th so am officially on holiday until then. Drove along Papamoa today - nice area - as am hoping to be able to find somewhere to rent there. Staying with family atm which is fine but there is nothing like having your own place.

Looking forward to any meet ups in the future and getting to know peeps.

Margaret Parkinson Dec 19th 2009 8:20 am

Re: Touchdown in Tauranga

Originally Posted by Vamps (Post 8184874)
Well we made it. Arrived in NZ on the 12th. Spent two days in Auckland then headed down to Tauranga to get things rolling.

Have been given a verbal start date of my new job for Jan 18th so am officially on holiday until then. Drove along Papamoa today - nice area - as am hoping to be able to find somewhere to rent there. Staying with family atm which is fine but there is nothing like having your own place.

Call in at the butchers they may know about a private letting.

MnB Dec 19th 2009 9:46 am

:thumbsup: Although we're not quite there yet....'Welcome to NZ' :thumbsup: Good luck with new job and :fingerscrossed: you'll find a lovely home soon!
B x

MooMoo290373 Dec 19th 2009 6:03 pm

Welcome:thumbsup:

We are in Papamoa:D:D
Hope you are enjoying it here so far !!!

bdclayton Dec 19th 2009 6:43 pm

We are in Tauranga
( where has the sun gone ?)
There are still places to rent here try picking the leaflets up outside the letting agents on Cameron Road they are closed but leaflets are usually left outside.

RobDon Dec 19th 2009 6:45 pm

Welcome to New Zealand! :D:thumbsup:

HHBoP Dec 19th 2009 7:38 pm

Hi chick

Glad u safe n sound - can't wait for the feedback. Say hi to the kids for me.

xx

HH

Am Loolah Dec 19th 2009 8:06 pm

I wish I could help, I have my own rental agency here covering Tauranga, Mount & Papamoa - but we have nothing left at the moment!:eek:

I have one coming on in the New Year in Otumoetai and one in Omokoroa, I also have a lovely rural property, furnished, in the Papamoa Hills but not coming on until March. If I hear of anything in the meantime I'll PM you.

I agree, pick up the flyers from outside the other agencies they certainly have more than us!:( Any problems, let me know.

Vamps Dec 21st 2009 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8185952)
I wish I could help, I have my own rental agency here covering Tauranga, Mount & Papamoa - but we have nothing left at the moment!:eek:

I have one coming on in the New Year in Otumoetai and one in Omokoroa, I also have a lovely rural property, furnished, in the Papamoa Hills but not coming on until March. If I hear of anything in the meantime I'll PM you.

I agree, pick up the flyers from outside the other agencies they certainly have more than us!:( Any problems, let me know.

Will definitely be interested in the new year, Otumoetai is nor far from where I am now. Would be looking for long term though as dont really want to have to move again too soon. Please let me know when you have something come up.
Cheers