Reload this Page >

Topless Sunbathing

Topless Sunbathing

Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Topless Sunbathing

and to SunlovingPom....

Thanks for taking notice & Welcome to our wee NZ forum.
Please note, you are free to link to your website in your signature.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:35 am
Just Joined

sunlovingpom is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Topless Sunbathing

Nude sunbathing and swimming in a quiet spot is NOT illegal in NZ. I am a member of Freebeaches NZ which is a not for profit incorporated society dedicated to promoting skinny dipping and sunbathing in a responsible and considerate way. It is a member of the NZ Naturist Federation.

Many people prefer the freedom from unpleasant and uncomfortable togs when swimming and sunbathing. It is so incredibly beneficial that once you have tried skinny dipping you will never want to go back to wearing awful, clammy wet togs! The thing is you simply don't know the difference until you have tried it!

What is important is not to cause offence to others by the simple method of choosing a quiet beach, lake or river, away from others. With 15,000 KM of coastline around NZ, that is not difficult. In practice, most of the 'crowds' stay close to the car parks. Just go a hundred meters or so at least from others and then you can safely disrobe.

If you follow this simple procedure you will find that people (walkers who pass by) are very accepting and may well wish you G'day. Only yesterday I was sunbathing au naturel on the beach and a Beach Ranger truck passed close by. I didn't expect it to stop and it didn't.

An important point for all to note is that local authorities are removing old bylaws that prohibit nudity because they are NOT ENFORCEABLE. The offence that is prosecutable is offensive (mainly sexual) behavior. Simply being nude does NOT constitute offensive behavior in NZ.

<wee snip by the moderator here>

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 4th 2011 at 10:07 am. Reason: You may place a link to your website in your profile signature. Cheers
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:10 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Topless Sunbathing

Originally Posted by sunlovingpom
It is a member of the NZ Naturist Federation.
Seasonal membership?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:52 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Seasonal membership?
Is a fair weather naturist akin to a fairweather biker?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:37 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunlovingpom
Simply being nude does NOT constitute offensive behavior in NZ.
Crikey ... I think if you saw me nude it would.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

2 things worry me here.

Skin cancer and the cost of sun-block to cover me and hubby in order to prevent it. It has taken me 43 years to get him gradually acclimatised to English sun-bathing. Initially holidays abroad were a nightmare with me sitting up all night applying after-sun to his reddened fair welsh skin.
Over the years he has developed a pleasing attractive tan on the parts of his body that one would normally expose but in NZ we have both adopted a more cautionary approach to sunning ourselves and even early morning and late afternoon the sun can be extremely strong.

There was once a series on UK TV about Naturists about 15 years ago. It followed a group of very affluent middle class people in their every day life and on holidays.
Apart from the chap leaning over the freezer, one scene remains indelible in my mind's eye. A large garden party is underway- 40 - 50 guest in their all together are mingling on the lawns and around the BarB-Que. The lady of the house goes onto the patio and calls out to everyone- "Has anyone seen Willie?"
That totally creased me- but then I have a weird sense of humour.
I'd like to say that I have nothing against PUBLIC nudism and that some of my friends are 'nudist' but it would be a fib.
I have nothing against private nudism and love skinny dipping in private pools.
Even if I had the body of 'Venus' I wouldn't want to exhibit it in public.

Now don't you all be ganging up on me calling me a prude! I'm not!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone ever met a blind naturist?
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Crikey ... I think if you saw me nude it would.
Fair enough - you post the pictures and I'll be the judge!