British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   A top a very big hill - Napier (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/top-very-big-hill-napier-421013/)

Birdey Jan 23rd 2007 8:25 am

A top a very big hill - Napier

Hello all those living in the Hawkes Bay (beautiful isnt it!) region. Ive just relocated to Napier with t'other half and little man (2 and a bit year old)
I have discovered that our house is right at the top of a hill, so looks like Im going to get some fatima whitbread calfs this year...
Looking for some company in the Napier area, also for play groups, suggestions on child/day care and recommendations for a good pub for when I find a baby sitter.

Anyone out there that fancies a yarn/wine/whine/ meet up, then say hello.

Tat tar for now

Birdey

PS Also on the look out for a RELIABLE car (the hill thing!) for about $2500, keeping an eye on autotrader etc, but if any one is selling, im particualrly interested in a Station Wagon.

Cheers

X Perth Australia X England.:blink:

dreamfish Jan 23rd 2007 4:13 pm

Re: A top a very big hill - Napier

Originally Posted by Birdey (Post 4315200)
Hello all those living in the Hawkes Bay (beautiful isnt it!) region. Ive just relocated to Napier with t'other half and little man (2 and a bit year old)
I have discovered that our house is right at the top of a hill, so looks like Im going to get some fatima whitbread calfs this year...
Looking for some company in the Napier area, also for play groups, suggestions on child/day care and recommendations for a good pub for when I find a baby sitter.

Anyone out there that fancies a yarn/wine/whine/ meet up, then say hello.

Tat tar for now

Birdey

PS Also on the look out for a RELIABLE car (the hill thing!) for about $2500, keeping an eye on autotrader etc, but if any one is selling, im particualrly interested in a Station Wagon.

Cheers

X Perth Australia X England.:blink:

sounds a lovely spot where you are - got any pictures to share with us? :D

good luck in your birdey-bus hunting

cottageinthesky Jan 23rd 2007 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Birdey (Post 4315200)
:

The kiwi equivalent of Fatima is Beatrice Fauomina - spelling might be a bit iffy :o She got to the finals of Dancing with Stars :)

Dave in Auckland Jan 23rd 2007 7:44 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Bit of a thread hijack, but hey...

Top of Te Mata peak (Havelock North) on Christmas day, chatting to the folks back in the UK & sending live photos via the internet using my Vodem (great pressie)

Dave

mazi Jan 23rd 2007 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dave in Auckland (Post 4317440)
Bit of a thread hijack, but hey...

Top of Te Mata peak (Havelock North) on Christmas day, chatting to the folks back in the UK & sending live photos via the internet using my Vodem (great pressie)

Dave

Dave, you look a bit like a girl from the back.

Dave in Auckland Jan 23rd 2007 9:50 pm

My other half...

The Techno Queen

mazi Jan 23rd 2007 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dave in Auckland (Post 4317951)
My other half...

The Techno Queen

Does she get to do much dancing of that ilk in NZ? Many free parties?

sky Jan 24th 2007 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Dave in Auckland (Post 4317951)
My other half...

The Techno Queen

Phew lol

Dave in Auckland Jan 24th 2007 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4319251)
Phew lol

And your thumbnail pic has her hairstyle