Top Ten

Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

pcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to all
Default Top Ten

The 10 things which you wish you had taken,the move seems to be getting closer and things which i may take for granted here may not be as available over there,thanks,if there are more than 10 list them anyway...
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Ten

can't really think of ten things I wished we had brought because most would of had to go on the container and as it takes 10-12weeks or so to get here we went out and bought things that we needed.
I can tell you I wished we hadn't bought the range cooker, husbands idea so don't ask, houses come with ovens and most are singles so any house we buy if we want the range in will need a complete refit, the American style fridge freezer is also something that would probably end up in a garage unless we buy new build and have it put into the plans.

Things we bought over in hand luggage and very grateful for where:

The Wii and games
DVD's
Laptops
Calpol
Sudafed
plastic plates, bowls, cups
cutlery
Large jar of Marmite
Treasured Photos

*Just thought of something I wished I had got more of, my hair colourant. Can't seem to find the exact same one here so wished I had bought lots of it.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Apr 12th 2012 at 10:56 pm. Reason: added to post
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
*Just thought of something I wished I had got more of, my hair colourant. Can't seem to find the exact same one here so wished I had bought lots of it.
Can you get anybody in Blighty to send some over to you?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trish M
Can you get anybody in Blighty to send some over to you?
Going back in June, had to get return tickets when we came out as Visa hadn't been approved, so will stock up then but to be honest its not like I'm going to be able to go back yearly to do that so will have to settle for the nearest colour in the long term
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:36 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Um, there's nothing much that I wish I had taken with us as we had our version of essentials. There isn't ten on this list and again it's just my personal taste but anyway:

Paxo stuffing
Sarsons Malt Vinegar
Cadbury's Bourneville Cocoa Powder (you can get it here but it's different)
Tetley Tea Bags
British Marmalade (local stuff doesn't do it for me)
Jaffa cakes

and that's about it. I buy the above things from an ex-pat shop anyway. Everything else is the same brand or an adequate local alternative.

I can relate to Mrs Fychan's list, apart from the hair dye as I already have red hair. I mean auburn, Mrs. F's hair is red and she means it ! Marmite is marketed as My Mate in identical jars to the UK. NZ Marmite is awful so the current shortage does not bother me one jot.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Apr 12th 2012 at 11:43 pm. Reason: Marmite
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:02 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Just one for me,

the newcastle arms

wouldn't fit in my backpack...
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:36 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
Just one for me,

the newcastle arms

wouldn't fit in my backpack...
Old Apr 13th 2012, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Batteries
Anything and everything from a Chemist
More pairs of Adidas
Tools
Salad Cream

Do a ram raid on a Quid Shop, once the kiwis have paid $1.94 for a similar item from China they seems to have the knack of quadrupling the price at least.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:19 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

D cell batteries.
AA cell batteries
AAA cell batteries.
An electric power shower. We'll be off to B&Q when we next pop home.
Pants. Lots of comfy pants.

Double that list and it comes to ten. Everything else is doable here.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Jaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant future

Boots cosmetics
Anything you regularly buy from a chemist.
I wish that I had brought a big stock of Anadin Extra with me as this is the only headache tablet that works for me. I ordered some from an on-line UK chemist twice without any problem but the third time they got seized by customs!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I would stock up on:

Pet meds, especially flea treatments such as Frontline
Any food processing / mixing appliances / gadgets that you ever coveted
M&S underwear
M&S work trousers (especially if you're short / tall)
Books
Boots
Shoes
Shoes
Shoes
More shoes