Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Tooth Fairy Cometh

The Tooth Fairy Cometh

Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:25 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Tooth Fairy Cometh

I was talking with Donna F last night about this... what's the going rate for the loss of the first tooth? She reckons it's $5 which sounds about right. Then $2 or so for each one after that.

Lauren's came out today, it had been wobbly for 9 days. I'll never forget it came out on her Dad's birthday.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:28 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tooth Fairy Cometh

Originally Posted by Maz
I was talking with Donna F last night about this... what's the going rate for the loss of the first tooth? She reckons it's $5 which sounds about right. Then $2 or so for each one after that.

Lauren's came out today, it had been wobbly for 9 days. I'll never forget it came out on her Dad's birthday.
I'd agree with $5 for the first one - the only problem is you will then have set a precedent
And:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!!!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I'd agree with $5 for the first one - the only problem is you will then have set a precedent
And:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!!!
There was a birthday? And no trip to the pub? Come on Phil!!!

Oh and I gave Alex $2 for his tooth last week!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:04 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks guys! Phil says thank you. And "pub soon!"

We were just going to do $5 for the first one, then $2 for each subsequent.

Lauren was all curious, asking me what the Tooth Fairy looks like, how big she is, etc.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:44 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Ally is eleven, so the tooth fairy is about retired 'round these here parts. About five years ago she had a wart on her knee. We got some kind of medicine that seems to rot the wart and the wart falls off, no problem. Well, the wart came off one evening and Ally announced that she was going to put the wart under her pillow so as to collect some money from the Wart Fairy.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:45 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by happynz
Ally is eleven, so the tooth fairy is about retired 'round these here parts. About five years ago she had a wart on her knee. We got some kind of medicine that seems to rot the wart and the wart falls off, no problem. Well, the wart came off one evening and Ally announced that she was going to put the wart under her pillow so as to collect some money from the Wart Fairy.
OMG! That is classic! One of those things you need to remember to tell her infront of prospective boyfriends, for embarrassment.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

So did the Wart Fairy cometh?

Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Hey thanks guys! Phil says thank you. And "pub soon!"

We were just going to do $5 for the first one, then $2 for each subsequent.

Lauren was all curious, asking me what the Tooth Fairy looks like, how big she is, etc.

The tooth fairy in NZ who covers the Bay of Plenty is called "Dentina".
There is a very convoluted process of each respective contry refunding her for making payment to "overseas" children. This sometimes caused delays in her remembering to collect the tooth and leave the money !! She is also responsible for returning the collected tooth to its country of origin. There are several fairies who each cover roughtly a DHB region. She works closely with immigration and passport control, so that she has a comprehensive list of all children in her region.

The going rate is $2

Dentina is Maori, and dresses in traditional "good fairy" attire, she models herself on "Tinkerbell" and does still carry a wand.

Does that answer your question?

Gill
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:01 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

fondest memory as a child: my tooth breaking in pieces. I got "rich" that time!!

Though I think the tooth fairy paid out only 50c per tooth then. My mother advised me that after the tooth came out in pieces the tooth fairy would not be paying out on any more teeth. She was right. My mother had obviously been speaking to the tooth fairy
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:40 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
The tooth fairy in NZ who covers the Bay of Plenty is called "Dentina".
There is a very convoluted process of each respective contry refunding her for making payment to "overseas" children. This sometimes caused delays in her remembering to collect the tooth and leave the money !! She is also responsible for returning the collected tooth to its country of origin. There are several fairies who each cover roughtly a DHB region. She works closely with immigration and passport control, so that she has a comprehensive list of all children in her region.

The going rate is $2

Dentina is Maori, and dresses in traditional "good fairy" attire, she models herself on "Tinkerbell" and does still carry a wand.

Does that answer your question?

Gill

Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

i give my kids £1 per tooth. my son has had both his front teeth loose for the last 2 months, yes they have been hanging on by a thread and every time he laughed his teeth moved. Finally one has come out today. £1 down another £1 to go
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:37 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by littleal
So did the Wart Fairy cometh?

Yup.

Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:11 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

I got a tanner (6d) for my first tooth and nothing ever again
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

My kids get $1 for each tooth. It goes in their piggy bank and from there, to their bank account.

They already have everything... they don't need more money to buy any more stuff!