Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Took my driving test today....

Took my driving test today....

Old May 5th 2006, 7:22 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Took my driving test today....

I had to laugh when I did mine cos she gave me a green tiddlywink to scratch the answers off with adn said a cheery 'Good luck to you'. Had been practising on the PC all week!
Old May 5th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
I had to laugh when I did mine cos she gave me a green tiddlywink to scratch the answers off with adn said a cheery 'Good luck to you'. Had been practising on the PC all week!
She gave me what looked like the corner of a cut up credit card. I just kept reading the questions and answers in the back of the book and they were exactly the same ones in the test.
Old May 7th 2006, 7:29 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
She gave me what looked like the corner of a cut up credit card. I just kept reading the questions and answers in the back of the book and they were exactly the same ones in the test.
Cor I'm priveleged then.
Just opened a pouch of 'Chef' catfood. It was 'off'. It was black and fermenting. Boy I feel sick. I can still smell it. Said cat will have to have something else not Chef from now on. Cat food smells bad at any time, let alone when off, black and frothing!
Old May 7th 2006, 8:09 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

I know what kind of "testing" you mean!! ermmm....actually no!! I'm a bit too old now for all that stuff..... handbrake in the way....feet out the sunroof etc..... keep telling you I'm an old git now.
Try it out at Maratei Beach on a saturday night
Old May 7th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

...and whats wrong with Sunkist Bay huh???!

As for the catfood....yukkk!! We inherited 2 cats here with our rental house and I was feeding them cat food from PacNSave.... one of them started to really lose weight... was wondering whether to take her to the vets for a checkup.... I bought some Iams catfood as I had a BOGOF offer and wow.... what a difference.... shes fatter than our fat lazy cat now!! I've kept them both on Iams now they are looking so good!
Old May 7th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Took my driving test today....

Originally Posted by thebears
Try it out at Maratei Beach on a saturday night
Maratei beach.........where's that?

Wherever it is, it's now on my hit list..............!!!
Old May 7th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Maratei beach.........where's that?

Wherever it is, it's now on my hit list..............!!!
Next village to Beachlands is Maraetai....it has the most beautiful long beaches and great views of Waiheke island. Was down there earlier this evening....... noooooo.... not what you think..... I was buying fish and chips for tea!!
Old May 7th 2006, 9:20 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Next village to Beachlands is Maraetai....it has the most beautiful long beaches and great views of Waiheke island. Was down there earlier this evening....... noooooo.... not what you think..... I was buying fish and chips for tea!!
I used to cycle out their from Hillpark (near Manurewa - actually part of Manurewa).

Haven't been out that way though for well over 15 years. Last time I think was about 2am in the morning during a car rally.

Kiwi
Old May 7th 2006, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thebears
I used to cycle out their from Hillpark (near Manurewa - actually part of Manurewa).

Haven't been out that way though for well over 15 years. Last time I think was about 2am in the morning during a car rally.

Kiwi

Are you from Hillpark/manurewa?

I live in maraetai, you'll be surprised how it's changed since you were here, loads more houses ,but still paradise
Old May 7th 2006, 10:19 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by annaerb
Are you from Hillpark/manurewa?

I live in maraetai, you'll be surprised how it's changed since you were here, loads more houses ,but still paradise
Originally from the Mount (near Tauranga)

After returning from a 3 year stint in Europe we ended up in Manurewa until we moved to Bucklands Beach.

Used to fish and jump off both the wharf across the road from the dairy and the wharf a few bays along.

Kiwi