Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

took a bit of a tumble

took a bit of a tumble

Old Aug 22nd 2013, 4:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default took a bit of a tumble

out of the dog walk this morning, after a 3mile walk with big boots stupidly decided I didn't want to walk along a sandpit of a walkway so decided to walk on the road the short distant to the next pavement and managed to go head first on the road - thanks crap road surface. anyway been to Doctors, thankfully no concussion just a very large lump on my temple and back in to my hair line , a very sore arm, cut and grazed knees. Doctor has put it through ACC and told me to take the rest of the week off. When I went to Doctors reception they still charge me $46.50 (usual appt is $48). Is that right ?
When we asked the Doctor about ACC all he said was that we would get a letter in the post and to keep the form he gave us just in case I swell up or start being sick and need to go to the hospital.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 4:48 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: took a bit of a tumble

$50 for a week off? Bargain.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 5:47 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: took a bit of a tumble

I think you pay for the first doctor's appointment but not subsequent treatment or appointments.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:14 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
out of the dog walk this morning, after a 3mile walk with big boots stupidly decided I didn't want to walk along a sandpit of a walkway so decided to walk on the road the short distant to the next pavement and managed to go head first on the road - thanks crap road surface. anyway been to Doctors, thankfully no concussion just a very large lump on my temple and back in to my hair line , a very sore arm, cut and grazed knees. Doctor has put it through ACC and told me to take the rest of the week off. When I went to Doctors reception they still charge me $46.50 (usual appt is $48). Is that right ?
When we asked the Doctor about ACC all he said was that we would get a letter in the post and to keep the form he gave us just in case I swell up or start being sick and need to go to the hospital.
Ouch, hope you are on the mend!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:30 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that.

Hope you get better soon and the ACC gets sorted.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

carpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant future

So sorry to read of your fall. Do hope you are soon feeling much better
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice

Sympathies, hope you feel better shortly.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

I believe you pay for the initial consultation then should you need to go back then you are covered on ACC....

Hope you feel better soon...look after your head & knees
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, hope you're ok. Yep, all subsequent medical visits related to that incident are free on ACC.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 9:33 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that, couple of days rest should have me right as rain
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, always a shock to the system when you take a tumble. Hope you feel better soon. Wine might help
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're OK. And they say walking the dog is good for your health.
Pete