too old?

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: too old?

Originally Posted by bdclayton
pretty sure you have to take another H G V test to be able to drive here
To old ?
I came to live here last year at the very young age of 55
you are never to old
age is just a number
You only need to do the tick test for HGV driving and change over your license. Hubby was an HGV driver in UK and then we moved to NZ, he just changed over his licences, after doing the HGV tick test
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

ecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant future

thanks heavenscent.....could you tell me what the tick test involved? ie is it a driving test or a paper test?..also how your hubby found it adapting to the roads in nz or any other related issues..as i understand you need a copy of police record and a medical...many thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ecalperif
thanks heavenscent.....could you tell me what the tick test involved? ie is it a driving test or a paper test?..also how your hubby found it adapting to the roads in nz or any other related issues..as i understand you need a copy of police record and a medical...many thanks.
Hi it is a paper test, 25 questions on normal road rules, and 10 extra questions for the HGV part. Buy the book out of the AA shop where you can take the test. it is worth it. Hubby passed first time. The roads are not as good as here lol but you will not have any queueing lol He was quite happy to drive in Auckland lol it was a doddle (and the kiwis moan about the traffic) it was hardly noticeable. he did have a better job work wise though, he only worked 7-3pm, but many drivers over there do work as long hours as the UK, so he was just lucky I suppose. The main difference he found was that most lorries are wagon and drag with a turntable on the trailer. Have you got a company to go to? He went on spec with no job and had one within 3 weeks of arriving, so there is work. Good Luck