Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Too good to be true

Too good to be true

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all
Default Too good to be true

We put our House on the market 3 weeks ago & sold for the asking price to the first couple who viewed who were 'cash buyer' who needed to be in asap if we took it off the market. We said we could be out in 6 weeks despite us not leaving for NZ until November 27th as I don't finish my job until then and we started looking around at short term rental.

We had a mad few days of arranging shipping companies to give us quotes & sorting out accommodation for our last few months before we leave before going on holiday to France for 2 weeks.
The camping holiday with friends near Bordeaux was excellent seeing a couple of stages of Le Tour de France and the site was in the middle of vineyards thinking it has all gone so well for us.

After our 820 mile drive home we saw the new sold sign outside our house and there was a message from estate agents asking us to call them.
Today we find out our buyers have pulled out as they have heard news of house prices falling & think they have paid too much, eventually they admitted they had found somewhere bigger in a poorer area!

Gutted, house now back on market and no need to rent / stay at friends in 3 weeks!

</IMG>
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all
Default Re: Too good to be true

Originally Posted by DavenHelen
We put our House on the market 3 weeks ago & sold for the asking price to the first couple who viewed who were 'cash buyer' who needed to be in asap if we took it off the market. We said we could be out in 6 weeks despite us not leaving for NZ until November 27th as I don't finish my job until then and we started looking around at short term rental.

We had a mad few days of arranging shipping companies to give us quotes & sorting out accommodation for our last few months before we leave before going on holiday to France for 2 weeks.
The camping holiday with friends near Bordeaux was excellent seeing a couple of stages of Le Tour de France and the site was in the middle of vineyards thinking it has all gone so well for us.

After our 820 mile drive home we saw the new sold sign outside our house and there was a message from estate agents asking us to call them.
Today we find out our buyers have pulled out as they have heard news of house prices falling & think they have paid too much, eventually they admitted they had found somewhere bigger in a poorer area!

Gutted, house now back on market and no need to rent / stay at friends in 3 weeks!

</IMG>
I feel for you and house selling is a Biatch

A few years ago we had a similar offer made on the house we were selling at the time, Luckily i told them to swivel we accepted the offer but still kept it on the market. The house was subsequently purchased by another couple..

Hope it gets sorted for you asap
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:25 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavenHelen

</IMG>
Oh no you poor things that is what I sooooo hate about the way we buy & sell houses here

Good luck next time round

Dewb
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Hope you get another buyer soon.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about the house. It is such a fiasco and stressful house selling

We got bitten by someone putting an offer in and asking the house to be taken off the market. Months down the line they withdrew their offer. Never again. The house remained on the market until sold!

Hope someone else comes along soon