Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Too fat to emmigrate?

Too fat to emmigrate?

Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Default Too fat to emmigrate?

Emmigrate now have just sent me (and lots of other people I expect) an email saying that some people are being turned down at the ITA stage cos it says on their medical that their BMI is too high and that they'll need to go on a crash diet and have the medical redone. Has anyone experienced this? Will I as a healthy but chubbyish size 14 be turned down? Or is it scaremongery time?

sarah
Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:07 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too fat to emmigrate?

Originally Posted by saritabear View Post
Emmigrate now have just sent me (and lots of other people I expect) an email saying that some people are being turned down at the ITA stage cos it says on their medical that their BMI is too high and that they'll need to go on a crash diet and have the medical redone. Has anyone experienced this? Will I as a healthy but chubbyish size 14 be turned down? Or is it scaremongery time?

sarah
No need to panic Sarah, you sound well within the boundaries of an average immigrant.

If you look on NZIS is shows you what is classed as acceptable as far as your BMI is concerned, can't remember off hand whether it is 30 or 35

Hope that helps
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Cool. Will leave the crash diet for new year then!
sarah
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:04 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

If your worried by it you could adopt a healthy new lifestyle for your healthy new life.
Evidence of this WILL help your application and the lifestyle change WILL help your health.
It can't do any harm can it
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fredddy View Post
Amazing. I wonder if this will apply ...... <snipped> If you want to immigrate I'd choose Aus. At least the Aussies have a national pride and some back bone.
OUCH!!!!!

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 21st 2007 at 10:27 pm. Reason: Comments snipped from quoted txt.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing.<snipped> If you want to immigrate I'd choose Aus. At least the Aussies have a national pride and some back bone.
Post duly reported...

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 21st 2007 at 10:27 pm. Reason: Racist comments snipped from the quoted txt
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing. I wonder if this will apply........<snipped out> If you want to immigrate I'd choose Aus. At least the Aussies have a national pride and some back bone.
Post duly true, FFS have a wander round Akld.

Maz, you do post some sense but as for weight issues.........well go for a walk

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 21st 2007 at 10:28 pm. Reason: Racist remarks snipped from quoted text
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:00 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon View Post
You seen the other crap that twat has posted?...
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:01 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saritabear View Post

sarah

You should have a BMI under 35 to get in.

That's not too unreasonable, to be honest....and if you can show that you have made an effort to lose weight you should be ok.

(You have to understand the 'official line' and the 'reality'...immigration can't say "We want any chubby white person", they have to pretend to be fair and issue directives about weight...if the worst comes to the worst, you'll have to find an 'understanding' doctor)
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:02 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon View Post
Post duly true, FFS have a wander round Akld.

Immigrants complaining about other immigrants........amazing.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:43 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Post duly reported...
A few of you have reported his posts, so thank you to you all. The member had had his posting privileges removed as per rule 4.

Sue
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Avid View Post
You should have a BMI under 35 to get in.

That's not too unreasonable, to be honest....and if you can show that you have made an effort to lose weight you should be ok.

(You have to understand the 'official line' and the 'reality'...immigration can't say "We want any chubby white person", they have to pretend to be fair and issue directives about weight...if the worst comes to the worst, you'll have to find an 'understanding' doctor)
Well....I'm well under that. Think I've a BMI of 25 at last check....may go up over christmas due to over consumption of mince pies etc but am defo not obese. Think some posters seem to think I might be a 30 stone heifer!!!! It was just the tone of the email I got that made me start the thread. Thanks for all your concern! I will be ok!