British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Tony Blair States military action likely in Iran! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/tony-blair-states-military-action-likely-iran-334096/)

Pompey_Paul Oct 28th 2005 7:10 am

Tony Blair States military action likely in Iran!

Will the last person in the UK please turn the light off?

Need any more reasons? ........thought not :scared:

Dappadee Oct 28th 2005 8:16 am

Re: Tony Blair States military action likely in Iran!

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul

I don't think this is very likely just yet, he is just trying to sound authoritative. The US and the UK will have to use up all the diplomatic channels first. Iran isn’t exactly helping their cause much at the moment though.

uk+kiwi Oct 28th 2005 8:50 am

Morning Paul,

I don't think you mean the bit about the light - won't you have a grandchild/grandchildren left in the UK when you emigrate? They will need light, as will you when you visit. :)

Anyhow, how key a reason is this for you to move? Hopefully it won't happen. Carmen.

babybella Oct 28th 2005 8:57 am

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Morning Paul,

I don't think you mean the bit about the light - won't you have a grandchild/grandchildren left in the UK when you emigrate? They will need light, as will you when you visit. :)

Anyhow, how key a reason is this for you to move? Hopefully it won't happen. Carmen.

We just bought a house yesturday in the UK, have woken up this morning with a bad case of buyers remorse and this Iran situation is not helping at all.
KAZ :scared:

uk+kiwi Oct 28th 2005 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
We just bought a house yesturday in the UK, have woken up this morning with a bad case of buyers remorse and this Iran situation is not helping at all.
KAZ :scared:

Oh dear! Don't worry. So does this mean you are not going back next year then?

babybella Oct 28th 2005 9:20 am

Oh dear! Don't worry. So does this mean you are not going back next year then?

Yes I guess it does, means we won't be leaving until son no 2 finishes his course in June 2007. Does however mean we can fund son no 1 through uni in Wellington with our british pounds. And of course I will have to go over and make sure he is settled in ok.
KAZ :D

Kayser Soze Oct 28th 2005 3:35 pm

Don't worry Kiwis. Your government will bottle it just as they did with Iraq and Afganistan.

You can go back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Pompey_Paul Oct 29th 2005 8:51 am

INMHO its not the liklihood of this happening that is worrying ...... it is the arrogance that the knob actually thinks he has the:

a) Authority of the people to do this

b) That he actually believes that we have the military power to do it

c) That he actuallty believes that the UK can afford it

d) That lessons have not been learned from the way the last major conflict escalated......

He should have done the honourable thing and resigned after iraq! still its not his kids he is sending to war :zzz:

Pompey_Paul Oct 29th 2005 5:06 pm

Morning Paul,

Tony Blair is wayyy up there on the reasons for me to leave.....the Granchild may come with us :scared:

turkeytickler Oct 31st 2005 5:09 am

Is there a link to an article on the web about this?

Batty Oct 31st 2005 7:54 am

I don't care if it's true this time or not - as soon as Bush mentioned it last year it was only a matter of time before it became serious. WHY do these people think they can invade a country and bend the people to their will? Has nothing been learned over the last 3 years? Don't see them rushing to help the Pakistanis after the earthquake :rolleyes: And, while I'm glad I'm not there I DO worry about my son and the children that he will hopefully have one day. Just got to persuade him to come this side of the World. But then, what happens with my sisters and brothers and their children? Oh, it's all too much - you could drive yourself totally barmy worrying about it all.

mumomonty Oct 31st 2005 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Kayser Soze
Don't worry Kiwis. Your government will bottle it just as they did with Iraq and Afganistan.

You can go back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

They wouln't be able to manage a war as well as a crap job running 2 poxy islands in the middle of nowhere woudl they?

turkeytickler Oct 31st 2005 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Batty
I don't care if it's true this time or not - as soon as Bush mentioned it last year it was only a matter of time before it became serious. WHY do these people think they can invade a country and bend the people to their will? Has nothing been learned over the last 3 years? Don't see them rushing to help the Pakistanis after the earthquake :rolleyes: And, while I'm glad I'm not there I DO worry about my son and the children that he will hopefully have one day. Just got to persuade him to come this side of the World. But then, what happens with my sisters and brothers and their children? Oh, it's all too much - you could drive yourself totally barmy worrying about it all.

Im not doubting the accuracy - just interested to see what Mr Bliar said..... for all the moans I have about NZ sometimes i forget the ID Card, Iraq War, Police State issues we left behind.....