Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tonbridge in the snow!

Tonbridge in the snow!

Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:02 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tonbridge in the snow!

Originally Posted by JasonSouthYorks
Fantastic. We lived in Hildenborough up till 2005 and hardly got any snow. The tear when everywhere got it inc. T.Wells and Sevenoaks, we had rain!!!!
Same here only the East coast has had snow the rest of us dry for a change and just freezing. Ice on the fish pond for the first time this year!, yesterday had all of the house lights on at 15:00hrs it was so dark and dingy....forecast back to normal rain for Xmas......
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Same here only the East coast has had snow the rest of us dry for a change and just freezing. Ice on the fish pond for the first time this year!, yesterday had all of the house lights on at 15:00hrs it was so dark and dingy....forecast back to normal rain for Xmas......
Oh! Give it a break It is winter !
I never remember having to have the lights on at 3pm . 4pm or 4.30pm maybe & that would be all cosy as it was winter but 3pm ? No. That is just so much what a Kiwi abroad would say.

Mate. We are still having chilly nights here (NZ) where hot water bottles are needed and it is summer for gawds sake. . We just had a virtually 5 month + winter . So stop with the grims and just enjoy the change of the seasons.

Next you'll be unable to resist the usual 'It always rains and the skies are always grey' routine ......... bit like here then.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:28 am
`

Originally Posted by chippy64
Taken this morning (and that's it,.....unless I see something really fabby )
OMG. Those last 4 are fabulous.

Winter at Christmas time is lovely , no matter what the weather , IMVHO
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:54 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oh! Give it a break It is winter !
I never remember having to have the lights on at 3pm . 4pm or 4.30pm maybe & that would be all cosy as it was winter but 3pm ? No. That is just so much what a Kiwi abroad would say.

Mate. We are still having chilly nights here (NZ) where hot water bottles are needed and it is summer for gawds sake. . We just had a virtually 5 month + winter . So stop with the grims and just enjoy the change of the seasons.

Next you'll be unable to resist the usual 'It always rains and the skies are always grey' routine ......... bit like here then.
Try getting back in and getting out of the otherside...
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Bevs for the lovely comments! Now the sun is out and the sky is blue, I just couldn't resist these last four. No more after these....... I think!
Attached Thumbnails Tonbridge in the snow!-100_3080.jpg   Tonbridge in the snow!-100_3081.jpg   Tonbridge in the snow!-100_3082.jpg   Tonbridge in the snow!-100_3083.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:25 am

Excellent photos you have had some snow! According to the forecast you are due a lot more over there. Don't know what the shops would do for snow shovels and kids sleds here they stopped stocking them a while back. Mind suppose all of the stocks will be rushing over to the East coast quickly! We have got the East wind and it really does have a chill factor.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:29 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got sunburn ...
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:32 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos! Love the fresh crisp snow & blue skies......same as for Stormer here (Somerset)...no snow, biting easterly wind tho & lots of hungry birds in my garden who've eaten all the berries and are getting through a kilo of seed in less than a week
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I've got sunburn ...
And I've got frostbite
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnB
Great photos! Love the fresh crisp snow & blue skies......same as for Stormer here (Somerset)...no snow, biting easterly wind tho & lots of hungry birds in my garden who've eaten all the berries and are getting through a kilo of seed in less than a week
Thank you! We are expecting more snow today/tonight and then sunny but icy. OH never made it home last night from 6 miles down the road and friends bro-in-law who did the journey in opp direction took over 3 hours!

How mad that we are always surprised that we get snow in winter!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I've got sunburn ...
I WANT sunburn......... Swap you for my frostbite!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry - couldn't resist this one. My daughter and her partner took this. It's the River Medway in Tonbridge.
Attached Thumbnails Tonbridge in the snow!-tonbridge-snow-.bmp  
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:59 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teebrown
People keep asking me what you miss about UK, and I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say nothing (of course family and friends aren't included in this statement), but now after seeing those lovely snow picture, I now remember I miss the snow. It's typical, the first white christmas in UK for ages and I go and miss it. Have a good snow ball fight for me, have a great and white christmas. 27 degrees here today and very breezy, but still lovely, just not the same as christmas in the snow.

have a good one.
We're all talking about a White Xmas... However it's still 6days away & you should all remember that all it'd take is a quick drop in temperature & a good rain wash n wooops it's all gone...

This the UK after all....

My mum's been sending me loads of pics, in Normandy they're trully snowed in with 25cm!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:15 pm
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Try getting back in and getting out of the otherside...
Nope. That mantra always does me head in because the exact same is true of here.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:19 pm
`

Originally Posted by chippy64
Thank you Bevs for the lovely comments! Now the sun is out and the sky is blue, I just couldn't resist these last four. No more after these....... I think!

I thank you They are beautiful. Good enough for the front of a Christmas Card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.