British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Tonbridge in the snow! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/tonbridge-snow-645264/)

chippy64 Dec 17th 2009 10:12 pm

Tonbridge in the snow!

1 Attachment(s)
Just to cheer you all up, it is blowing a blizzard in Kent. If this has worked, there should be a snowy pic taken from my bedroom window at about 10.45ish tonight! Yes, I know lots of places get snow (even in Kent) but Tonbridge always seems to miss out, much to my children's disgust as we now live within walking distance of school :thumbsup:. When we lived in Wrotham (a small village just 8 miles away), they missed school every time it snowed!

MnB Dec 17th 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Tonbridge in the snow!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: great!!

Am Loolah Dec 17th 2009 10:22 pm

That photo is beautiful.:thumbup:

I'm just off to slap on the Factor 30 and take to my hammock with a good book!:lol:

chippy64 Dec 17th 2009 10:25 pm

Thank you - I am just going to take myself off to bed, with book, bedsocks and hot cup of tea (already had a warming glass of port!).
Still I suppose it feels quite Christmassy - in a freezing, cold, trains won't be running, schools will be shut, sort of way! :lol:

BEVS Dec 17th 2009 10:38 pm

That's a lovely picture.

chippy64 Dec 17th 2009 10:45 pm

Taken with my trusty Kodak Easy Share very basic camera. Thank you - I must admit to liking that photo myself :)

chippy64 Dec 17th 2009 11:16 pm

1 Attachment(s)
This photo is technically wrong for all sorts of reasons (sorry photo wizards!) but I love it! Taken tonight. :)

teebrown Dec 17th 2009 11:43 pm

People keep asking me what you miss about UK, and I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say nothing (of course family and friends aren't included in this statement), but now after seeing those lovely snow picture, I now remember I miss the snow. It's typical, the first white christmas in UK for ages and I go and miss it. Have a good snow ball fight for me, have a great and white christmas. 27 degrees here today and very breezy, but still lovely, just not the same as christmas in the snow.

have a good one.

MooMoo290373 Dec 17th 2009 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by teebrown (Post 8181708)
People keep asking me what you miss about UK, and I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say nothing (of course family and friends aren't included in this statement), but now after seeing those lovely snow picture, I now remember I miss the snow. It's typical, the first white christmas in UK for ages and I go and miss it. Have a good snow ball fight for me, have a great and white christmas. 27 degrees here today and very breezy, but still lovely, just not the same as christmas in the snow.

have a good one.

Thats how i feel too:eek::eek:

Jan n Neil Dec 18th 2009 2:08 am

We had snow on the hills/mountains in the South Island this week.

And it's summer..........:rofl:

RobDon Dec 18th 2009 2:47 am

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 8181745)
Thats how i feel too:eek::eek:

Ditto the above ;)

JasonSouthYorks Dec 18th 2009 3:27 am

Fantastic. We lived in Hildenborough up till 2005 and hardly got any snow. The tear when everywhere got it inc. T.Wells and Sevenoaks, we had rain!!!!

BEVS Dec 18th 2009 4:55 am

I've come back to look at it again.

I like the next one too. So............snowy. :)

chippy64 Dec 18th 2009 6:30 am

2 Attachment(s)
Well, it hasn't stopped all night. Children have had a text from school saying it's closed. Gatwick shut, roads closed, local buses not running, trains and ferries all delayed by minimum hour and a half!
OH had firm's do in Tunbridge Wells last night. I sent him txt updates saying how bad it was - phoned me at 11.30 to say couldn't get home! Just sent txt to me saying he spent the night in the Ramada in TW. As I had just got back from extended dog walk (dog needs grass to do what dogs do, so very confused dog and longer walk than I was hoping for :lol:).
So, right now 27 deg seems lovely - HOWEVER, I am quite sure that a snowy Christmas will be one of the things I will miss.
Merry Christmas to everyone on here!

chippy64 Dec 18th 2009 6:58 am

2 Attachment(s)
Taken this morning (and that's it,.....unless I see something really fabby :lol:)