Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old May 17th 2009, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Spent the weekend staying at the Chateau in Whakapapa. Apparently we were in close vicinity to 3 volcanoes but never actually saw them due to the rain & mist

Headed up Ruapehu a short distance & saw snow for the first time in two & a half years

Weather at Taupo was good on Saturday afternoon though. So off to Huka we went & got my fix on the Hukajet
Old May 20th 2009, 3:04 am
BOP
Just Joined

BOP is on a distinguished road

Hailstone again!!! Not for long though, the sun is out again
Old May 20th 2009, 4:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Rather nippy antartic wind today. Otherwise some rather fetching clouds lazing their way by in a blue sky and sunshine.
Old May 20th 2009, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sun & a gentle breeze in GH
Old May 20th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

bright blue skies and a mountain covered in snow
Old May 20th 2009, 11:31 pm
`

The same. Brught blue sky and the mountains covered in snow.
Old May 21st 2009, 12:08 am
BOP
Just Joined

BOP is on a distinguished road

Just bright blue sky and the sun
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

not sure gale force (freezing) winds for many days - if this is usual...?

I've been living in Welly since I was 17 ... and yet I still seem to be a stranger here... Warum?!

All I can think now is a Long Black I had with my mate early this morning in Kelburn was lovely. I really miss that.

It's been a blue, blue day here....

dunno why but it reminds me of a grey afternoon in England and Scarborough Fair ...

For some reason, it's a 'nostalgia song' for me ...

Are you going to Scarborough Fair:
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Remember me to one who lives there.
She once was a true love of mine.

On the side of a hill in the deep forest green.
Tracing of sparrow on snow-crested brown.
Blankets and bedclothes the child of the mountain
Sleeps unaware of the clarion call.

Tell her to make me a cambric shirt:
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme;
Without no seams nor needle work,
Then she'll be a true love of mine.

On the side of a hill a sprinkling of leaves.
Washes the grave with silvery tears.
A soldier cleans and polishes a gun.
Sleeps unaware of the clarion call.

Tell her to find me an acre of land:
Between the salt water and the sea strand,

War bellows blazing in scarlet battalions.
General order their soldiers to kill.
And to fight for a cause they've long ago forgotten.

Tell her to reap it with a sickle of leather:
And gather it all in a bunch of heather,

I luv Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...
Attached Thumbnails Today's Weather ...-ox-market-st.jpg   Today's Weather ...-ox-nov.jpg   Today's Weather ...-rosemary.jpg   Today's Weather ...-gard064.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; May 23rd 2009 at 4:51 am.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:20 pm
`

Overcast and a bit nippy today. No wind or rain though.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Overcast and a bit nippy today. No wind or rain though.
God Is Not Fair, isn't it? I can not believe that, seriously

I've been stuck at home for many days since last week. No walk, No FUN, No drink or No grocery shoppings or anything like that apart from ONLY going to work and school. thus I am drinking crap coffee at home today... Not very nice though.

Believe It or Not, now I am actually getting sick from foul weather for days and days or weeks. Who the hell knows.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:42 pm
`

Originally Posted by crap coffee
God Is Not Fair, isn't it? I can not believe that, seriously
seriously. No wind or rain.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
seriously. No wind or rain.
I look forward to retiring soon. so that I can live somewhere nicer than here ... absolutely NO WIND!!!! dunno where though. but somewhere. (thought about this while in bed last night - but I've got no clue )
Old May 24th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to be wealthy enough to spend the winter in a warm country. It's cold here now, and wetter for longer than I can remember in this supposed drought area. We've had the fire going since morning for the last couple of weeks, and there is snow on the mountains, but hey we have a warm house and roof over our heads. We have playstations, computers, dVds and if all esle fails we have board games!
Old May 24th 2009, 5:41 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Great weather today and yesterday, just nippy in the wind/out of the sun.
Spent the afternoon up near Sandspit, by the beach with the football - just like yesterday, although I was being hacked to pieces in the O35s league and I can feel it today. Yowch!

Just about to rain on the Hibiscus Coast about now!
Old May 27th 2009, 3:39 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW - it's warmed up again! Out walking the dog and was too hot in jeans and a long sleeved top ... shame! 18 degrees today - feels even warmer in the sun! Probably pour at the weekend as it's a long one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.