Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old May 15th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Originally Posted by love30stm
And when it rains it rains!! but not so cold winter days like the south island

and its going to be 20c tommorow...yay!!
yeah good eh cause we get cold crips sunny days to kill all them winter bugs and you know when there is a hard frost that it will be a beautiful day. Not had rain here in Rangiora since last weekend. There I was getting ready for the forecast of crap weather and we have had it great but I bet it won't last. On another topic are you feeling better in yourself these days. I have only recently just started posting on here again - still get my off days as well when I get terribly homesick and then the next day I am fine. Doesn't help me that one of my girls buggered off home in December afer 5 years here and took my grandson's with her so now I have to rely on the internet to keep in touch with them. Never mind so long as she is happy that is all that matters I suppose.
Old May 15th 2009, 7:33 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirl
yeah good eh cause we get cold crips sunny days to kill all them winter bugs and you know when there is a hard frost that it will be a beautiful day. Not had rain here in Rangiora since last weekend. There I was getting ready for the forecast of crap weather and we have had it great but I bet it won't last. On another topic are you feeling better in yourself these days. I have only recently just started posting on here again - still get my off days as well when I get terribly homesick and then the next day I am fine. Doesn't help me that one of my girls buggered off home in December afer 5 years here and took my grandson's with her so now I have to rely on the internet to keep in touch with them. Never mind so long as she is happy that is all that matters I suppose.
Yes thanks im feeling lots better, my daughter is a bit better but still has not settled, we are going back to the Uk for a holiday on 12th June for two weeks, must say im looking forward to seeing my family and friends, but not the flight.

aww and I bet you do feel homesick especially your girl going back, hugs to you xxxx
Old May 15th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Yes thanks im feeling lots better, my daughter is a bit better but still has not settled, we are going back to the Uk for a holiday on 12th June for two weeks, must say im looking forward to seeing my family and friends, but not the flight.

aww and I bet you do feel homesick especially your girl going back, hugs to you xxxx
Yes that flight is a killer isn't it. Have a good trip back be interesting to see if you feel that you did the right thing coming here. Trouble is we all know what a state the UK is in at the moment but it is hard to explain to others what it is we actually miss isn't it!!
Old May 16th 2009, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Oh Libby - maybe work could give you one of those base jumping suits, the ones that make you look like a flying squirrel, then you could jump off the nearest hill/tall building and glide into work............
are you coaxing my boss...? please do... -- think I need one ...eventually.. (like today.... such a bad weather .... so that I can jump off the New World for groceries,,,to make some casseroles for my friend Sarah's birthday! - she is my only female Brit mate you know! Damn it. the weather really annoys me.)

It'll be interesting to see what do I look like when I put on the squirrel jumping suit, eh? - covers from my head to toe and 'm stuck.
Attached Thumbnails Today's Weather ...-10flying_xlarge1.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; May 16th 2009 at 1:17 am.
Old May 16th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

What a beautiful day here today - 21C, sunny, light breeze. Hard to believe it's winter. Makes a change after the last week or so!
Old May 16th 2009, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
What a beautiful day here today - 21C, sunny, light breeze. Hard to believe it's winter. Makes a change after the last week or so!
Same here..lovely and hot gorgeous
Old May 16th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

dkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud ofdkb_herts has much to be proud of

Ooh it's been windy in Welly the last couple of days ... but it's quite entertaining since I only got here on Tuesday and it's still got novelty value (I guess that will wear off pretty quickly!)
Old May 16th 2009, 7:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bright, warm and sunny for most all of the day. A shorts and t-shirt day. Clouds just rolling in as twilight gave way to darkness.
Old May 16th 2009, 8:12 pm

back to Rain Rain and more Rain Today, woke us up at 7.30 am
Old May 16th 2009, 8:19 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

we've been back to shorts and t's for the last few days, I was surfing all day yesterday and got a suntan! ( well trying to)
I actually love these warm autumn days better than the scorchy summer ones, I'm sure it'll rain soon, but we're making the most of it for now!
Old May 17th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Happened Was.. last night....?

a tv aerial from upstairs fell down on my window at 3.00 a.m. Absolutely frightful -- The most terrifying CONSTANT noise I have ever heard pierced shrilly through the blackness from ... well I couldn't go to bed till about 5.30 a.m as I stayed up watching outside .. ... found that the hardest nights to fall asleep without mum...

Last edited by crap coffee; May 17th 2009 at 3:23 am.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Flippin' well party time on the torrential storm, rain and wind front last night. Right old racket & talk about rain .

Most part of this day has been showery but reasonably warm and fine. We went for a walk on the shore to look for treasure on the storm washed beach.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

The weather has been great this weekend. Yesterday I rode down to Whitford Beach and had a flat-out gallop on the sands there..... felt like I was flying!... caught the sun around my neck too! Was down there again this afternoon on my horse but didnt hoon about like we did yesterday. Its definately been t-shirt weather this weekend and I love it!
Old May 17th 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

kiwisteph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dkb_herts
Ooh it's been windy in Welly the last couple of days ... but it's quite entertaining since I only got here on Tuesday and it's still got novelty value (I guess that will wear off pretty quickly!)
Welcome to windy Welly Thought our house was going to take off the last two night
Old May 17th 2009, 9:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Mixed weather this w/e
Dried up nicely for coaching the midgets on Saturday morning but come the afternoon in spite of reasonable weather we had to play football on a paddy field........wet, muddy and bruised afterwards. It rained off and on during the match. Not helped by the other team being sponsored by John Deere - yes they were that agricultural, the one defender I vaguely recognised suggested that we had spent time together in the big house.......pass the soap....

Today was decent in the morning but once we had reached the beach at Shakespeare Park and got out of the car the heavens opened and we had three or four heavy showers in between playing cricket, digging in the sand and having a bit of footie - even the peacocks were sheltering under the eaves of the warden's hut.

Twas warmer though and no need for extra heating in the house!! Great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.