Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Originally Posted by crap coffee
10°C !!!!
is that good or bad Libby?

tee-shirt weather still and no sign of the rain we need...

this morning had a couple of dozen or more monarch butterflies basking in the sun on a branch of the gum tree next door, they're still hanging on in there and long may they do so
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Icy!! Our first frost of the year!!!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

very spring like in Manchester today. just been for a nice walk in the park, and had to take my coat off to cool down a bit
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:16 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Just up to 14C here today, middle of spring! Went fly fishing yesterday and the temp never made double figures....it was perishing
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Icy!! Our first frost of the year!!!
It was 14 °C (my bedroom) when I woke up this morning. so wrap myself in layers and layers of clothes, socks and am making crap morning coffee now!~~~ and listening to Terry Hall....~

I hate waking up to a cold morning and having to get out of my warm bed.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice

It was 14 °C (my bedroom) when I woke up this morning. so wrap myself in layers and layers of clothes, socks and am making crap morning coffee now!~~~ and listening to Terry Hall....~

I hate waking up to a cold morning and having to get out of my warm bed.
stay in bed i say
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:06 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, we must be a different Wellington because it's lovely and warm where I am!
Since I've got here I've been wearing a T shirt and jeans - too hot for a coat, and so have most other people I've seen round and about.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelloid
hmmm, we must be a different Wellington because it's lovely and warm where I am!
Since I've got here I've been wearing a T shirt and jeans - too hot for a coat, and so have most other people I've seen round and about.
Have you been to Petone yet?

Its lovely to walk around in Petone on a nice sunny day, and have brunch there too. I might go there today am gonna dress up a bit then... with my scarlet red cord shirt dress (sooooo cuuuuuuute ) + 7 years old Arche ankle boots , and warm wool tights . think I might look prettier.... (I usually look gross during weeks days. )
Attached Thumbnails Today's Weather ...-scarlet-red.jpg   Today's Weather ...-my-boots.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 16th 2010 at 10:26 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
is that good or bad Libby?

tee-shirt weather still and no sign of the rain we need...
It WAS quite chilly + windy yesterday (Friday). I went out for lunch, and thought... aaaawwwwww...really coooooooold. But I don't actually mind coldness now. because, to me, its better than stinking hot. (I know you prefer warmer and sunnier tho) There are something to enjoy in winter time I guess. I love having hot cuppa, soup, stew and pie! during the winter !!, as I find myself rarely drinking tea in summer time in particular...cos I don't feel the taste so great ..(I have no clue why I do...? ) anyway.... This winter, I tried White tea for the first time and I find its quite pleasant. got it from tealeaf shop. that soothe away the stresses of the day ..a wonderfully calming sweet mellow ...lovely. contains loads of Antioxidant. its good for you. also (wildberry + peppermint tea) and (Lemon + honey + ginger) are so great too!! I love them. (+ Chai tea!!)

On Friday lunch time, I saw a boy playing the violin so nicely....on the street. I was holding my lunch and actually was on my way back to work, but I stopped there (next to the boy ) and stared at him and listened to him for 20 minutes seriously. It WAS a seriously good playing (otherwise I would just pass) and also played nice decent pieces. Bach to Dvořák. I even forgot to eat my lunch, forgot being hungry and coldness. really lovely small boy. I gave him $5 at the end. think he is worth it. He made my day. thank to him. again, even for a minute, it was shaking my heart. sweet sorrow I guess.

Hope there's some rain for you soon. but all in all, its nice that you still wear t - shirt... and beautiful weather for playing footie....doubt you could do if you lived here.... You don't live on a farm, do you? (unlike my parents....), least don't need to buy the water to fill up - I think its a slighly crazy thing to do. my parents so distressed about it.

btw, on the picture, the pavement look so clean,,,,? ? ? and its my white tea (loose leaf) with my Royal Doulton fusion white mug.
Attached Thumbnails Today's Weather ...-violin-boy-1-75%25.jpg   Today's Weather ...-violin-boy-2-75%25.jpg   Today's Weather ...-white-tea-75%25.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 17th 2010 at 2:14 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

It WAS quite chilly + windy yesterday (Friday). I went out for lunch, and thought... aaaawwwwww...really coooooooold. But I don't actually mind coldness now. because, to me, its better than stinking hot. (I know you prefer warmer and sunnier tho) There are something to enjoy in winter time I guess. I love having hot cuppa, soup, stew and pie! during the winter !!, as I find myself rarely drinking tea in summer time in particular...cos I don't feel the taste so great ..(I have no clue why I do...? ) anyway.... This winter, I tried White tea for the first time and I find its quite pleasant. got it from tealeaf shop. that soothe away the stresses of the day ..a wonderfully calming sweet mellow ...lovely. contains loads of Antioxidant. its good for you.

On Friday lunch time, I saw a boy playing the violin so nicely....on the street. I was holding my lunch and actually was on my way back to work, but I stopped there (next to the boy ) and stared at him and listened to him for 20 minutes seriously. It WAS a seriously good playing (otherwise I would just pass) and also played nice decent pieces. Bach to Dvořák. I even forgot to eat my lunch, forgot being hungry and coldness. really lovely small boy. I gave him $5 at the end. think he is worth it. He made my day. thank to him. again, even for a minute, it was shaking my heart. sweet sorrow I guess. realize this is not a curable disease .. have to carry this pain the rest of my life. ...

Hope there's some rain for you soon. but all in all, its nice that you still wear t - shirt... and beautiful weather for playing footie....doubt you could do if you lived here.... You don't live on a farm, do you? (unlike my parents....), least don't need to buy the water to fill up - I think its a slighly crazy thing to do. my parents so distressed about it.

btw, on the picture, the pavement look so clean,,,,? ? ? and its my white tea (loose leaf) with my Royal Doulton fusion white mug.
nice fotos CC! where were they taken?
it looks busy around the shops there... and as you say... the pavements DO look clean lol!
the violinist is sweet. looks quite young but must be talented and confident to perform like that!.. bet he earned a good bit of pocket money!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MattandJax
nice fotos CC! where were they taken?
it looks busy around the shops there... and as you say... the pavements DO look clean lol!
the violinist is sweet. looks quite young but must be talented and confident to perform like that!.. bet he earned a good bit of pocket money!
on Lambton Quay!

seriously though, I never gave someone who playing music on the street 5 bucks! in my life. That WAS for the first time!!. I can tell how much I was touched by the small boy's cute playing. I actually prefer to listen to something "not perfect" rather than "so perfect" - like student's playing. and I do think "on its way/process" is more important than "the result" do you know what I mean? like Niccolò Paganini .. I used to go to rehersals and watched them (creeping around ) but never got caught.

never thought the pavement could be that clean like the foto...
but seriously.. it IS clean. Its Welly!!

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 17th 2010 at 3:42 pm.
Old May 16th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

A super quick post, just to wish all of you a wonderful weekend from a very cold and rainy Welly…

get completely Soaked in the rain ...and I'm all wet ..:curse:

No, I didn't really enjoy the rain T.O.D.A.Y!!.

Next year,,, definitely gonna buy gumboots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now.....coffee, coffee.... like to have Starbucks Mochachino.........
Attached Thumbnails Today's Weather ...-pink.jpg   Today's Weather ...-20081027233947995627.jpg   Today's Weather ...-today.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; May 16th 2010 at 9:42 am.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

the wind drives me nuts. so stayed home all day long. I've been doing work and can't stand coz its noisy and can't concentrate on my studies.

dunno, I miss England (today).
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

the wind drives me nuts. so stayed home all day long. I've been doing work and can't stand coz its noisy and can't concentrate on my studies.

dunno, I miss England (today).
Would have been no better off in UK today crap coffee...fierce winds and rain here too, yeuky
Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:36 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Would have been no better off in UK today crap coffee...fierce winds and rain here too, yeuky
Yup would make Welly proud to-day...... loads of lorries out with chain saw teams.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.