Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old May 11th 2009, 12:05 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Not entirely sure how bad it is ...

It seems that where this hail came down so violently for 30 minutes, up to 10cms, it blocked our guttering and downpipes. Next thing there was water seeping UP through the hallway tiles. 10 minutes later could see damp patches on the hall wall. Then water started coming up through the kitchen floorboards on the other side of the wall. It would appear that with nowhere else to escape the water must have been pushed down the inside wall. It was all mopped up, but my concern is the damp now sitting in the wall slowly rotting the timber.

The floors have recovered ...
that must've been disconcerting! to say the least.
suppose the chances of walls rotting, etc depends on the construction of the house, your connections will be able to help on that I guess.....
just hope you don't live in a "chilly bin"
Old May 11th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

How olds the house, whats the cladding?
Old May 11th 2009, 12:40 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
How olds the house, whats the cladding?
used to be in an avatar somewhere as I recall.......??
Old May 11th 2009, 1:10 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
used to be in an avatar somewhere as I recall.......??
Ummm, yep, tis a chilly bin ...
Old May 11th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I believe it is possible to live longer this way. .
I leave the window open (for 24 hours) every time I go to sleep at night or whenever - no matter how cold it is outside. I simply hate "A breath of foul air". otherwise I get major headaches through the night or next morning. (No wonder the room temperature 10°C seems fair enough ) well I don't use an electric blanket either - it's bad for ya! a bit daft eh?. weird. weird. I am freezing for 12 months but leave the window open on freezing winternights & completely naked in bed? ...............
Attached Thumbnails Today's Weather ...-10.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; May 11th 2009 at 4:39 pm.
Old May 11th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I leave the window open (for 24 hours) every time I go to sleep at night or whenever - no matter how cold it is outside. I simply hate "A breath of foul air". otherwise I get major headaches through the night or next morning. (No wonder the room temperature 10°C seems fair enough ) well I don't use an electric blanket either - it's bad for ya! a bit daft eh?. weird. weird. I am freezing for 12 months but leave the window open on freezing winternights & completely naked in bed? ...............
Cute olde world bedroom. Put some more throws on the bed to keep warm. I have a little cheap convector heater that you I have on fan or just normal setting and I leave it on the lowest setting just to take the chill off the bedroom and its great. Also you do well to leave the window open, did you know the air outside is not as damp as the air inside even when it is raining! In the UK my windows were open 24/7 winter and summer in the bedroom but now we have this Dry Matic system in the house I don't have too as it pushes air into the room all the time.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

What a nightmare AL. Hope it doesn't cause you too many probs.

I'm so over this weather. I'd probably be ok if our house was warm but it isn't. How I long for central heating. Woke up this morning wishing I could head back to the UK until Sept. Wondering if I could work in the NHS for 4mths a year!
Old May 12th 2009, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

MrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, you know what they say about the different seasons all in one day! Freak hail storm of the likes I have NEVER seen in my life!

Shopping centre evacuated due to flooding and collapsed ceiling and one primary school closed tomorrow due to flooding.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10571661
That's in the BoP?? Wow. That is almost unheard of isn't it?
Old May 12th 2009, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
that must've been disconcerting! to say the least.
suppose the chances of walls rotting, etc depends on the construction of the house, your connections will be able to help on that I guess.....
just hope you don't live in a "chilly bin"
AL re the rotting timber, my hosue built in 1991 had a persistent leak (before my arrival) over many many years. When I pulled the ceiling down to replace it (having stemmed the leak) the wood which was basic well teated pine was like new and as hard as nails. I would not worry too much just get a squad of dehumidifiers running 24/7 for a few days and that will dry you out. Alternatively you can hire special building dryers (used for drying damp plaster etc) from your local commercial hire shop. But you do need to get the place dry if only for your peace of mind and comfort....hopefully your building ins will cop the bill for any rentals etc.
Old May 12th 2009, 9:18 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

AL I hope all's good. Dehumidifiers sounds like a plan

I do love weather though - even though I'm usually scared stiff Like being on roller coaster
Old May 12th 2009, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

We think it's bad here, how about the forecast for Bournemouth this week (daily max temps): wed 14, thurs 15, fri 15, Sat 15. Still 17s and 18s on Auckland's forecast
Old May 12th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

you know what? When I woke up this morning alone in my bed....
ooooH, is that normal then?
Old May 12th 2009, 9:11 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN AND RAIN today
Old May 12th 2009, 9:12 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

well thanks for that information, too much info if you ask me

weird !
Old May 12th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

we have had rain but also the afternoons are hot hot hot then more rain lol, still getting washing out for a bit though so cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.