Reload this Page >

Titirangi - recommend or not?

Titirangi - recommend or not?

Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Elms96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Titirangi - recommend or not?

Hi all

Well the job offer is through and I am starting to narrow down my list of places to live in Auckland. One town I have come across is Titirangi. Does anyone live there or near there and can let me know what it's like? Also what is Green Bay school ( primary and secondary) like?

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titirangi - recommend or not?

You wouldn't regret moving to Titirangi, it's a great spot. Close enough to commute to CBD but an idyllic lush green location close to lovely west coast beaches, trendy bars and cafés and a regular market. Has a bit of a hippy vibe in a good way We lived in Laingholm which is slightly further back, but also highly recommended. Our son went to Green Bay High. It's a good school, large and akin to a decent UK comprehensive. Would love to live there again but out of price range sadly. Good luck!
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I'd agree with all of the above. Re primary schools - if you're in Titirangi then Green Bay primary probably won't be your closest primary. Depending where you are in Titirangi you'll be closer to Titirangi primary, Woodlands Park or Kaurilands, all of which have very good reputations.

And yes, Laingholm is also lovely and can be slightly cheaper than Titirangi.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Elms96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for that feedback and good to see it is a nice area. I planned on the 2 Green Bay schools as my son will go into year 8 and my daughter into year 10 so think it will help them acclimatize a bit better if they are king of together for the first year

And I will certainly look into Laingholm
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

westie1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look at Green Bay High school enrolment map, anywhere would be OK to live in the areas covered.

http://www.greenbayhigh.school.nz/im...play%20WEB.jpg

Avoid Kelston Boys High school unless your son is a keen rugby league player :-)

Last edited by westie1234; Jun 2nd 2014 at 2:23 am.