Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tips for validating your EOI

Tips for validating your EOI

Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:34 am
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future
Default Tips for validating your EOI

Just thought these tips may help someone.

Tip #1
My wife has lost her full birth cert and the little one isnt accepted, apparently.

I went on line and you can order a new one, on line, for £25, however if you phone the registrar office local to the place of birth they will send you one for £7!

Tip #2
I applied under the skilled migrant catergory and got points for work expierence. However, most of my past employers are no longer in business (uk motor trade) so was concerned how I would prove this. I was advised that you can get a career history from the National Insurance office. I looked into this and discovered that you have to apply under the data protection act.

What you have to do is write a letter starting 'I wish to access records for my NI number ***** under the terms of the data protection act'. State your full name, date of birth, address, previous address and then ask for your career history records as recorded by your National Insurance payments.
Send this to: Data protection unit, Benton park view, Newcaste upon Tyne, NE98 1ZZ. This is a national office, not regional.

Hope this helps someone.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all
Default Re: Tips for validating your EOI

Originally Posted by sean n

Tip #1
My wife has lost her full birth cert and the little one isnt accepted, apparently.

I went on line and you can order a new one, on line, for £25, however if you phone the registrar office local to the place of birth they will send you one for £7!

Tip #2
I applied under the skilled migrant catergory and got points for work expierence. However, most of my past employers are no longer in business (uk motor trade) so was concerned how I would prove this. I was advised that you can get a career history from the National Insurance office. I looked into this and discovered that you have to apply under the data protection act.

What you have to do is write a letter starting 'I wish to access records for my NI number ***** under the terms of the data protection act'. State your full name, date of birth, address, previous address and then ask for your career history records as recorded by your National Insurance payments.
Send this to: Data protection unit, Benton park view, Newcaste upon Tyne, NE98 1ZZ. This is a national office, not regional.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for the good tips!

We managed to order our new birth certificates online for £10 each, if that helps anyone.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

Tip #2

Hope this helps someone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, how long did it take?
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean n

Tip #1

Tip #2

Hope this helps someone.
maybe you should post this info in 'the really useful thread' too xx
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:18 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Perdana
Tip #2

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for that, how long did it take?[/QUOTE]

Only posted it this week so not sure yet. I will up date this thread when I get a response.