Timescale

Old Jul 13th 2016, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Darron Boden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timescale

Had a job offer, putting in a EOI this week. But when do we think about selling the house/ packing up all our stuff? Inclined to wait until visa invite comes through at least. What's your experience?
Old Jul 13th 2016, 10:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timescale

we put ours on the market as soon as we got the ITA through, selling takes longer in the UK than it does here and nothing is for sure until contracts are exchanged.
Myself and the kids were still in the UK at the time and MrF was in NZ working on a temp visa whilst the ITA was being done.

Our experience was that on the day of exchange and completion the phone call we were expecting didn't come instead the call actually stated that the buyer couldn't actually afford to buy the property. for us that was so stressful as we had already booked the container and flights so had to go ahead.
Luckily we knew the house was a good a house and we managed to sell higher than the first offer. but we were in NZ and the house was empty. Estate agent was very good, we did have another hiccup on this second sale but managed to get it sorted. all in all from the first time we put in on the market Oct we got the sale through the following March.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
we put ours on the market as soon as we got the ITA through, selling takes longer in the UK than it does here and nothing is for sure until contracts are exchanged.
Myself and the kids were still in the UK at the time and MrF was in NZ working on a temp visa whilst the ITA was being done.

Our experience was that on the day of exchange and completion the phone call we were expecting didn't come instead the call actually stated that the buyer couldn't actually afford to buy the property. for us that was so stressful as we had already booked the container and flights so had to go ahead.
Luckily we knew the house was a good a house and we managed to sell higher than the first offer. but we were in NZ and the house was empty. Estate agent was very good, we did have another hiccup on this second sale but managed to get it sorted. all in all from the first time we put in on the market Oct we got the sale through the following March.
Wouldn't happen in NZ with the contracts here.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 10:29 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
Wouldn't happen in NZ with the contracts here.
I know I have my estate salesperson licence