Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Time to make decisions . . . Advise please !!

Time to make decisions . . . Advise please !!

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Time to make decisions . . . Advise please !!

Originally Posted by Aliwales
Hi bevs!

My daughter has some mild learning difficulties and a thyroid disorder. I, like jan and neil, am using lane neave as immigration lawyers and they are unsure what the immigration dept will do regarding my daughters medical. I have supplied info already stating that her thyroid levels r maintained on meds. I've also supplied evidence stating she does not have severe disabilities and should be able to work. It's just a case of waiting and seeing on that front. Lane neave obviously know there's a job offer at stake if delay is too long, but were confident they could get me in, however saying this time scales r slippery things to get a grip on lol!!
Lane Neave are brill. I wouldn't have thought the thyroid dis-function would be a problemo. After all, so many adults have over or under thyroid function. Crikey. Even my old cat has the condition. The cost to NZ for this is minimal really. $10 or so for the blood test. $3 for the meds.
I suppose LaneNeave are wondering how NZIS will view your daughter's future ability to look after & maintain herself financiallyshould something happen to you. She is a dependant child though, despite her being a teenager so I would think NZIS will be happy to grant her PR just as for your other daughter.

to read a positive outcome very soon.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:39 am
`

Default Re: decisions . . . decisions

Originally Posted by john and julie
Thanks Bev. I best go back to the employers and fin out just how far they have gone !! Cheers.........all the best for 2011
I'm confused. Where exactly are you in the NZIS process please? What is your occupation.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:42 am
`

There must be equality in the window. We have the DDA, the NZ law must have the equivilent. There is also the Human rights act. If the condition is not detrimantal to neighbouring society then i think its just a matter of pressing the admin side. I wish you good luck................and a happy new year.
That's not how it works. NZIS and New Zealand have rules about acceptable stand of health and look at future costs to New Zealand ref. health and ( if about education) special needs children.

Have you looked at the NZIS website at all? It explains about visas and requirements there.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Thanks Bev!!! I'm hoping so too. I can make the jump in march he he!!! It's defo an emotional rollercoaster though! I range from sheer panic to mega excited within the space of a few hours lol!!!! Happy days
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BEVS
That's not how it works. NZIS and New Zealand have rules about acceptable stand of health and look at future costs to New Zealand ref. health and ( if about education) special needs children.

Have you looked at the NZIS website at all? It explains about visas and requirements there.
Thnaks for the link, I am looking at it now......brilliant...cheers...john
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:34 pm
`

Thnaks for the link, I am looking at it now......brilliant...cheers...john
So, where exactly are you in the process please. What's your occupation?
It's good to share. We all do.