Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Time for a game I think!

Time for a game I think!

Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:21 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time for a game I think!

Right it's a geographical game - we've got to get from Hoopers Point at the top of the North Island to Bluff at the bottom of the South Island. I'm going to use multimap which seems pretty easy to use online.
I'll start by setting off from Hoopers point http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...multimap.y=150
and travelling to Ahipara near Kaitaia http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...multimap.y=147

Next?
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for a game I think!

Originally Posted by Biddy
Right it's a geographical game - we've got to get from Hoopers Point at the top of the North Island to Bluff at the bottom of the South Island. I'm going to use multimap which seems pretty easy to use online.
I'll start by setting off from Hoopers point http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...multimap.y=150
and travelling to Ahipara near Kaitaia http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...multimap.y=147

Next?
Right here goes:

From Ahipara travel South to Herekino, take a left heading to Breadwood then follow toad to Rangiahua and finally head South to Taheke.

Better stop for a It looks as good a place as any

Oh look Biddy there's an airport near hear, are we allowed?
Old Jul 10th 2005, 11:08 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, Biddy, I love your games but I am totally shite at maps and directions... spin me round three times and I don't know which direction I came from - can I do pictures instead....
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Awww, Biddy, I love your games but I am totally shite at maps and directions... spin me round three times and I don't know which direction I came from - can I do pictures instead....
I am shocking at maps too - sorry but love the game - will keep lookin on and seeing where you are all at
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:32 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Right here goes:

From Ahipara travel South to Herekino, take a left heading to Breadwood then follow toad to Rangiahua and finally head South to Taheke.

Better stop for a It looks as good a place as any

Oh look Biddy there's an airport near hear, are we allowed?
Ok from Taheke I would travel west towards Opononi ( I have friends who live there so good opportunity to say Hello!) From there I would continue South West then south until I reached Waimamaku where hopefully I will find a nice friendly little country pub where I could grab a cold diet pepsi (never drink when on a road trip) & some lovely pub grub before resuming journey with someone elses directions....

Happy travels
Old Jul 11th 2005, 3:25 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point

Good thread Biddy! From Waimamaku I'll travel south past Waipoua and Kaihu to Dargaville and take a wee detour west to Baylys beach for a bit of a picnic and a Baileys Irish cream.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:09 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Good thread Biddy! From Waimamaku I'll travel south past Waipoua and Kaihu to Dargaville and take a wee detour west to Baylys beach for a bit of a picnic and a Baileys Irish cream.
What a great picnic - cold chicken, crusty bread, Baileys....what more could you want?

Right then, back to Dargaville and take route 12 south through Raupo and Ruawai on to Paparoa through Maungaturoto then on to route 1 untill you get to Kaiwata where there's a lovely gift shop / cafe (possibly!) run by one eyed Jim. Ask him about his fishing stories whilst you have a huge Knickerbocker Glory to cool down. Try not to stare at his remaining eye - he has a squint.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
What a great picnic - cold chicken, crusty bread, Baileys....what more could you want?

Right then, back to Dargaville and take route 12 south through Raupo and Ruawai on to Paparoa through Maungaturoto then on to route 1 untill you get to Kaiwata where there's a lovely gift shop / cafe (possibly!) run by one eyed Jim. Ask him about his fishing stories whilst you have a huge Knickerbocker Glory to cool down. Try not to stare at his remaining eye - he has a squint.
That was really difficult to not stare, I've never seen someone with an eye that colour before. Knicker bocker glory went down well, I recommend we all have another short break just down the road at a little place called Waiviera Thermal Pools sounds very interesting, maybe they'll let us have a roll around in the mud, could be a bit on the hot side though.

Think maybe we should head East after mud flinging, looks like there's some nice beaches over that way, and we may see some Dolphins or Whales.

ITA arrived today just booked medicals (9th august). All five of us, that should be fun, trying to stop the kids wrecking the place.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:05 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Guys this thread is wonderful & going so well. Im off camping for a few says so look forward to seeing the progress made on this journey when I return.

Have fun be good little boys & girls & play good until I get home. Cya at the end of the week
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shepslady
Guys this thread is wonderful & going so well. Im off camping for a few says so look forward to seeing the progress made on this journey when I return.

Have fun be good little boys & girls & play good until I get home. Cya at the end of the week
Well I had fun in the mud!!!

Where were you lot, I've gone on ahead.

travelled South along highway 1 through a town called Orewa, looked alright but was going so fast the dam brakes wouldn't work :scared: :scared: , only just managed to stop at Takapuna, just North of Auckland.

Found a lovely place here, check it out, sure I read on another thread somebody said they didn't see any penguins in NZ, Obviously didn't stop here.

http://www.kellytarltons.co.nz/home/

I'm gonna wait here till someone turns up, meet you in the cafe for a coffee and a couple of biccies.

Last edited by planty; Jul 11th 2005 at 7:12 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:15 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Biddy]What a great picnic - cold chicken, crusty bread, Baileys....what more could you want?
QUOTE]

Lashings of ginger beer perhaps? Great game Biddy, I'm shite at maps too (big ones anyway, I'm OK with an A-Z). Excellent thread.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 3:23 am

Well I had fun in the mud!!!

Where were you lot, I've gone on ahead.

travelled South along highway 1 through a town called Orewa, looked alright but was going so fast the dam brakes wouldn't work :scared: :scared: , only just managed to stop at Takapuna, just North of Auckland.

Found a lovely place here, check it out, sure I read on another thread somebody said they didn't see any penguins in NZ, Obviously didn't stop here.

http://www.kellytarltons.co.nz/home/

I'm gonna wait here till someone turns up, meet you in the cafe for a coffee and a couple of biccies.
Here I an for coffee (no - make that tea ) and bikkies and a bit of penguin watching. For afters, how about a charter yacht hire for a bit of a sail to Waiheke Island to check out a few wineries . Then it's back on the road across the harbour bridge to Auckland. Dinner tonight at Euro I think. :-)
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Here I an for coffee (no - make that tea ) and bikkies and a bit of penguin watching. For afters, how about a charter yacht hire for a bit of a sail to Waiheke Island to check out a few wineries . Then it's back on the road across the harbour bridge to Auckland. Dinner tonight at Euro I think. :-)
Hi ElizabethC, managed to get the brakes fixed and find a parking space near eurobar, have you ordered yet? It looks very nice here, I think we should enjoy this meal. I've ordered the 'Crustation Trio' and a bottle of red, is it just going to be the two of us or shall we order some more?

Here's the menu just incase you haven't ordered yet!

http://www.eurobar.co.nz/menu/index.htm#main
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:08 am
Give us a kiss

Hi ElizabethC, managed to get the brakes fixed and find a parking space near eurobar, have you ordered yet? It looks very nice here, I think we should enjoy this meal. I've ordered the 'Crustation Trio' and a bottle of red, is it just going to be the two of us or shall we order some more?

Great here isn't it - what a selection!

However nothing with chillis - so I'm popping next door to the Flaming ring to order some Extra spicy chicken fajitas with a side order of roasted habaneros..........mmmmm.

Save me a cocktail though - a Singapore Sling should do.

Suggest after lunch we pop up the Skytower for a better view?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:30 am

Make that a couple of bottles of red Planty - I'm kind of partial to the stuff (and who knows who might drop in) and of course a Singapore Sling for our intrepid co-traveller! Roasted habeneros! Yee Gods Biddy! Order some water also :-)

Sky Tower - I'm awful afraid of heights but well lubricated I'll give it a go.

Time to hit the road again - south then east to Waihi Beach - time for a swim and maybe we can find some shellfish - lovely white sand here don't you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.