Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A thread to say nice things in :) ...

A thread to say nice things in :) ...

Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:54 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A thread to say nice things in :) ...

Originally Posted by love30stm
Yeah im pretty confused to why she's upset about a curry???
I reckon she was trying to let NG know that they knew each other when he was in NZ NG was a real force in these parts back in the day. So there you are another nice thing to say about NZ, Mr NG used to live here and post on here.....loved the "thread killer" thread BTW.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Yeah im pretty confused to why she's upset about a curry???

This is a positive thread for positive people and I knew I was asking for trouble by stepping out of my comfort zone partaking in such a thread.

Some might say that New Zealand being a nuclear-free zone is a positive and nice thing. New Zealand is also a 'nice chicken tikka masala' free-zone, which a lot of British expats sometimes find difficult to come to terms with.

We still mourn the loss of such delicious treats as a spontaneous decision to partake of Saturday night curry, but I didn't want to lower the tone of such a nice and happy thread. Mr Nice Guy was just kidding I am sure and would be well aware that in NZ we need to go to some considerable effort to locate 'nice chicken tikka masala'.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:59 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Once subscribed to the "NZ can't do a good curry view" but I like the Masala curry houses. There are a few aroung Auckland. Good for all sorts of stuff and I like their Rogan Josh and Pashwari nan bread. Almost as good as the Lye and Cradley for those who know the area
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A thread to say nice things in :) ...

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
This is a positive thread for positive people and I knew I was asking for trouble by stepping out of my comfort zone partaking in such a thread.

Some might say that New Zealand being a nuclear-free zone is a positive and nice thing. New Zealand is also a 'nice chicken tikka masala' free-zone, which a lot of British expats sometimes find difficult to come to terms with.

We still mourn the loss of such delicious treats as a spontaneous decision to partake of Saturday night curry, but I didn't want to lower the tone of such a nice and happy thread. Mr Nice Guy was just kidding I am sure and would be well aware that in NZ we need to go to some considerable effort to locate 'nice chicken tikka masala'.
Thanks for the clarity Bo-Jangles.

Incidentally when I was in NZ there were two excellent c***y houses, one located in Miarangi Bay and the other in Albany, just outside the main shopping centre on the same side as North Shore Harbour rugby ground. I have no idea if they are still there.

One could order all different types of c***y and jolly nice they were as well!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

NG
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

How lovely to see you around these parts Mr NG. You always brighten my day.

We have a great Indian in Manly, does yummy c***ies.

Our life in NZ isn't perfect by any means & we are worse off but we do things (kayaking, fishing, theatre) that we would never have done in the UK. We have a dozen beaches within easy reach to choose from & we have some wonderful friends.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:09 pm
Beach bums :)

Boogieboard is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: A thread to say nice things in :) ...

I NZ - Here's some of the reasons why:

- Lots of beautiful free places to visit!
- Long hot summers!
- We can afford a detached house here!
- Strangers smile and say 'Hi'!
- We live 5 mins from the ocean, can swim after work every day!
- Fruit and veg is cheap!
- Events are put on for free, festivals at the beach etc!
- Tim Tams!!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:11 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a few seedlings a month ago. The tomatoes are now about a metre high and I'm getting some early courgettes and strawberries. Since I developed my gardening skills in the UK I'm interested to see how they progress when summer arrives.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:54 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

The inability to find what we considered "decent" chinese spare ribs has led to us doing them ourselves.
No way we'd have thought of that in UK, but we now enjoy the tastiest spare ribs we've ever eaten, and at a fraction of the cost......that fraction probably being 13/16ths
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough

Hey Guys
Fire over the recipe, sounds yummy
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:12 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
The inability to find what we considered "decent" chinese spare ribs has led to us doing them ourselves.
No way we'd have thought of that in UK, but we now enjoy the tastiest spare ribs we've ever eaten, and at a fraction of the cost......that fraction probably being 13/16ths
yes eating out in NZ can be a good cheap alternative to cooking yourself
Old Nov 6th 2011, 5:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

If you want to take it to PM to avoid any disagreements on this thread, then fire away.
... in a gentle and seemly manner chaps and chapesses
Old Nov 6th 2011, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely sunny day in Wellington today so after a late lunch out we walked to the red rocks and back - no seals at this time of year though.

Plenty of curry places in Wellington....easy to get Patak's sauces here as well.

So glad I live in Wellington (until the earthquake strikes) rather than smaller towns in NZ. - is this line allowed?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:32 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Lovely sunny day in Wellington today so after a late lunch out we walked to the red rocks and back - no seals at this time of year though.

Plenty of curry places in Wellington....easy to get Patak's sauces here as well.

So glad I live in Wellington (until the earthquake strikes) rather than smaller towns in NZ. - is this line allowed?
Ah a girl who talks the magic word......Patak's...... Make your own perfect curry in minutes........
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all

I'm new, so at the moment everything is shiny and exciting but so far things I love:

It's so clean; no litter, no grafitti, no walking ASBO turds being muppets

There are birds flying around in the supermarket (Pac n Save... Food shopping shouldn't be this much fun). It should gross me out, but I love it.

All the things I was told I wouldn't have in New Zealand that I've found; decent clothes shops that aren't painfully expensive, Chanel counter for make up, vegetarian suasages at New World (but only for special occassions - I don't want to end up in debt over fake meat)... Happy days

Getting lost on the way to Sumner and winding up in Lyttleton
Getting lost on the way to New Brighton and winding up in Sumner
Getting lost on the way to a house viewing and finding the perfect place somewhere else

Being able to see snow capped mountains on the drive to the office

How friendly people are

My new work colleagues
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
How lovely to see you around these parts Mr NG. You always brighten my day.

I agree Big Sticks. NG appearing here makes the nice thread jolly top notch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.