Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thought it couldn't get any better but.......

Thought it couldn't get any better but.......

Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thought it couldn't get any better but.......

Originally Posted by Dewb09
woo hoo not long for you, good luck hope all goes well

Dewb x
Thanks for the good wishes Dewb - keep the love coming - gonna need lots of it in the coming days/weeks x
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pricklykina
You gave me the warm fuzzies and a giggle with the eggy bread...it is delicious...they call it french toast here though.
Glad it's all going well
Yes, I should have called it 'french toast', sorry about that, it was a name my kids gave it when they were young and I'm afraid wev'e been stuck with it ever since, apart from in polite conversation, of course..

Cheers

Joan
xx
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:36 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Thanks for the good wishes Dewb - keep the love coming - gonna need lots of it in the coming days/weeks x
joan, thank you....... so nice to read something so positive and endering.

Psych, cant believe its nearly time for you to go already!!!!!!! I have butterflies and we still have 3 weeks and 3 days to go how are you coping? We have the little ones 13th borthdya week today (day your flying out) so doing a disco for him, then its heads down and party time until we leave. Any words that may help is very welcoming from anyone.

Happy new year to one and all.

Tina, Will and boys. x x x
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hippygran
Having just spent my first Christmas in New Zealand and not knowing quite what to expect, apart from know that the weather would definitely be warmer than the UK, we had a lovely traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings. Everyone seemed happy with the gifts Santa had brought and then we we given a surprise gift by our family of a super duper barbeque. As we only had a small cottage garden in the house back in the UK, we had not the need to buy one but next month we will move into our new home in Torbay so we will find many opportunities to use it.

To finish off a really lovely day, in the early evening we walked (with son & daughter-in-law - who is a wonderful person, great mum, fabulous friend to have & I can see my son loves her to bits) from our current home in Murrays Bay to Mairangi Bay (the tide being far enough out to allow us to walk along the path between both bays and then walked back home again. It was a beautiful evening. Me & my OH felt so lucky to be there, knowing we weren't just on holiday but that we now live here. What a treat it all was. Perfect!!!
Thank you New Zealand for such a wonderful welcome!!

The next day (Sat) the four of us drove to Huia Bay which to me seem pretty spectacular although I'm sure all of you can name other equally beautiful bays - I'm still new here so forgive me if I'm knocked out by the first fabulous one I see.

Roll on the days to come - more wonderful, interesting & exciting things to see and do. I'll be 70 in February so I'm not going to waste any time thinking about getting older, too much to get on with and I don't feel my age. I think my family sometimes think I don't act my age either. I'm a terrible giggler and I can see my grandson, Jake who is 17 has inherited it from me. Still there's worse things to inherit, eh!!!

Cheers,
Joan
xx
Great post and welcome to NZ and may you have many happy years here. I am sure you may well live to be 100 with your lovely outlook on life. Enjoy X