Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

To those of you in the South Island........

To those of you in the South Island........

Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:04 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold
Default To those of you in the South Island........

.................. wrap up warm and keep your heating on

Don't worry, I hear the summer will be nice
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:26 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: To those of you in the South Island........

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

I still see young blokes here in Canterbury walking down the footpaths wearing a t-shirt, shorts and jandals, the only acknowledgment to the cold maybe a beanie. Well, they do tend to drag extra hard on their hand-rolled cigarettes. Tough buggers down here.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo.... just had a call from the plumbing people who are going to install our Central Heating. After a long wait they finally have all the parts in and are going to start putting it on next monday. Looking forward to the whole house being toasty and warm. I could never live in SI as Im too huge a wimp!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:44 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

Don't know where you get your info from mate, it's decisively tropical down here

Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Was 15 here today but it felt cold to me.... turning into a right woose!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:03 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Was 15 here today but it felt cold to me.... turning into a right woose!
Put a minus in front of that Sarah & that's what it felt like here today.
Nothing that the woodburner and lots of Milo didn't sort though

Glad the girls are on holiday from school TBH so at least we didn't have to venture outside, we watched Shrek 1 & 2 and played Rummikub all afternoon whilst eating chocolate.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Well they said it was 15 today but that wind was the coldest I have felt here. I managed to stay in the park for half hour with my kids before deciding it was way too cold. Even my son said he was cold and he never says that!

We are supposed to be getting stormy weather here tomorrow... gale force winds and some more rain. Looks like it might be another "in-day" for us.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:24 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
Well they said it was 15 today but that wind was the coldest I have felt here. I managed to stay in the park for half hour with my kids before deciding it was way too cold. Even my son said he was cold and he never says that!

We are supposed to be getting stormy weather here tomorrow... gale force winds and some more rain. Looks like it might be another "in-day" for us.
Don't mind the wind part, could do with putting the washing on the line to dry but you can keep the rain I know Northlands are supposed to 'cop it' just hope someone has got her donkeys in

Stay warm. Off to bed, with pjs, socks and hot water bottle,................. who says romance is dead
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

This isn't even cold, toughen up.

I'm leaving the South Island on July 29th to go to Wellington and there is not a thing I won't miss about the South Island, cold but beautiful.

That lot in Auckland can enjoy their Latte's, traffic jams, a poor rugby team. Yes it's warmer but give me the cold South Island any day, it turns you into a real man (or woman) not a metro sexual.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

My friends moved from C Church to Welli and don't regret it one bit. They say the weather here is warmer

Sarah B - are you getting gas central heating in like in the UK? I soooo miss my heating sob!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kerry W
My friends moved from C Church to Welli and don't regret it one bit. They say the weather here is warmer

Sarah B - are you getting gas central heating in like in the UK? I soooo miss my heating sob!
I'll miss Radio Ron, but atleast i get to hang out with blanket man again.