Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thinsg to do before I go...

Thinsg to do before I go...

Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinsg to do before I go...

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Form is P85
Eddie
oops.......
Old Jul 14th 2006, 5:29 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lizard
The only way you need an electrician to change a plug is if you are a bit thick, the 10v difference does not matter because English appliances can run on higher voltage, has you pointed out.

Get ripped off - www.yellowpages.co.nz/electrician
I'm getting a feeling you [lizard] reside close to the Wilkinson's distribution centre, not far from Retford. Wilkinson sell cost-effective products, with low low prices on brands you can trust everytime, so you don't waste money - a lot like Pak'n'Save in NZ.

Electrical Contractors Association of New Zealand www.ecanz.org.nz
FREEPHONE 0800 506 688 - Give the qualified electricians of NZ a chance.
Please.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

England Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all,

I lived out in NZ for almost two years before coming back to the UK (have always been planning to return due to retrurning residents visa) so already have a good idea about stuff I need.

I only have three things with a plug anyways - mobile phone charger, battery recharger and hair straighteners!

Tax form is filled in and will be posted as soon as I have p45 (August 4th!). Did anyone post this or hand deliver it to nearest tax office (mine is on the way back to flat).

I now have a new bigger an better suitcase to take advantage of baggage allowance (even though it's been reduced since I bought my ticket).

Just need to plan those parties now!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asiatic
I'm getting a feeling you [lizard] reside close to the Wilkinson's distribution centre, not far from Retford. Wilkinson sell cost-effective products, with low low prices on brands you can trust everytime, so you don't waste money - a lot like Pak'n'Save in NZ.

Electrical Contractors Association of New Zealand www.ecanz.org.nz
FREEPHONE 0800 506 688 - Give the qualified electricians of NZ a chance.
Please.
It takes all sorts to make a world, I don't have any problems changing a plug myself, but some would find it a challenge. In my experience I have been employed by Royal Naval Bomb Disposal experts to hang pictures for them, easy for me, but I wouldn't want to do their job.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice
Wink Re: Thinsg to do before I go...

We moved here nearly three months ago from Edinburgh, and I would agree with the party...and then if you can I would get redirection on your mail so that friends can send you things like ......drumstick lollypops,proper cadburys chocolate, bisto gravy granules.....and it will only cost them the price of 2nd class postage in the UK.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:15 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by England Girl
I've read somewhere that you need to contact Inland Revenue but I'm not sure where to start with them - their website says nothing about informing them if emigrating.
Any chance of claiming my tax back cos I'm a New Zealand resident?

Any help much appreciated.

Alison
Complete a P85 this you can get from their website.

Kiwi
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:24 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by England Girl
I only have three things with a plug anyways - mobile phone charger, battery recharger and hair straighteners!
With the UK plugs that you can't change, like the phone charger etc, I found changing a plug on a UK 4 way extension lead very useful.

Good luck with your party planning.