Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to New Zealand -

Thinking of moving to New Zealand -

Old May 3rd 2017, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Garry P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to New Zealand -

Hello we are new to this forum so no entirely sure how to work it yet. Me and the wife have been talking for a while about moving away with our girls (a 15 month old and a 3 month old) we have always spoke about NZ. Would like to get some people's views/opinions on NZ I am a 29 year old joiner and my wife is still on maternity. Just wondering if it's easy to get a job? Is it a great place to bring my girls up etc???
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

geoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to New Zealand

If you provide sketchy information about yourself, you will get very generalized answers.
However, if you provide more detailed information then you will get information more relevant to your situation.
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by geoff52
If you provide sketchy information about yourself, you will get very generalized answers.
However, if you provide more detailed information then you will get information more relevant to your situation.
Can I ask you not to do this please . It is off putting to new members.
Notwithstanding the fact that you , to my knowledge, have not emigrated to New Zealand.

Garry P has actually given enough to get started and is under no obligation whatsoever to give out anything further if he doesn't wish to.
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Garry P
Hello we are new to this forum so no entirely sure how to work it yet. Me and the wife have been talking for a while about moving away with our girls (a 15 month old and a 3 month old) we have always spoke about NZ. Would like to get some people's views/opinions on NZ I am a 29 year old joiner and my wife is still on maternity. Just wondering if it's easy to get a job? Is it a great place to bring my girls up etc???
Hi there and welcome to our New Zealand forum Garry P.

As it happens I emigrated to New Zealand 13 yrs ago with my plumber/gasfitter husband.
Policy and times have changed since then but let's see what those in New Zealand think about this .
I will move your topic ( thread) into the main forum where more people will see it.

When you write Joiner , do you mean a Carpenter please?

Carpenters are needed in the South Island Canterbury region so a job offer is probable but one needs to take a bit of care on the offer.

In New Zealand builders are most always carpenters by trade.

I'll leave it to others to talk about young family life here in NZ.
Old May 7th 2017, 5:39 am
Just Joined

okimgone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of moving to New Zealand -

You shouldn't really struggle to find work Garry P, but it all depends on your experience. To look at your options, contact Tradestaff in NZ, as they are regularly recruiting for Carpenters and can also point you in the right direction regarding Visa's (even Work to Residency, as they are an accredited employer). I've been here for 7 years (albeit, with no children to consider), but it's the best decision I've ever made. I have travelled around the country in that time, and although Auckland is my home, there are so many places on the North & South Islands' that are absolutely stunning. Good luck whatever you choose to do !